• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets - distance from base?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sounds like it would be pointless to live wherever you want away from your base if there are no jumpseat agreements with any airlines.

gunfyter said:
I bought Southwest tickets for 7 years.

FWIW, if you head over to Ebay, you can buy the WN frequent flyer ticks for about $250-$300 per RT from very frequent flyers (although if you are a good Ebay bidder, you can get them for MUCH less. They are fully transferrable. You can still make a reservation with them as well as walk up(of course with loads these days, good luck). Buy 2-3 at a time, especially for emergencies-you'll be glad you did. We give 'em away to extended family for Xmas.

OOPS...You buy DRINK coupons and they come with a free RT voucher.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SOUTHWEST-DRINK-COUPONS-FREE-RT-TRAVEL-VOUCHER_W0QQitemZ6598212329QQcategoryZ1310QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I bought tickets for $30 to $50 one way to DAL. And used the Rewards to go on vacation. It beats jumpseating...

On 7/7 you have 26 weeks to work but 3 weeks are vacation and 3 weeks are recurrent. Its only 20 commutes per yr or $1000 in plane tickets depending on where you commute from/to if you live in a SW city. CMH PBI LAX and DAL can be commuted to that way.

Last edited:
Once you've reported for duty, or have made yourself available, does the company take care of all accomodations? Say you get a 7am show time on day 1, but you don't have an airplane to fly due to maintenance at your domicile, are they expecting you to stay over at your domicile on your own dime? Would you need a crashpad at the selected domicile, or is it so infrequent, that an occasional hotel stay isn't a big deal? I guess this would be considered to be on reserve, like waiting on IOE or something. I would assume you would have to put yourself up the night before day 1 unless you have an afternoon show.

It's probably been covered before, but this whole commuting via SWA kinda intrigues me. Also, I've read where ASA is pretty liberal on the jumpseating policies for QS pilots. I guess this would only really work on the 7/7. Seems it would be too challenging on the flex schedule.

Once you report to your domicle, your on the companies time and money. If the plane breaks they will book a hotel for you and pay for it.

There is one minor exception to this rule, but it works in your favour.

If the company cannot get you back to your domicle with 14 hours on your last day or before midnight, you have the option of staying on duty (and collecting overtime) until they can get you back! In this case you would have to provide your own hotel.

The only reason you would need a crashpad at your domicle is it you plan on traveling there on your last day off. (I did it under the old contract, but I just crashed at the FBO)

Last edited:
gunfyter said:
I bought tickets for $30 to $50 one way to DAL. And used the Rewards to go on vacation. It beats jumpseating...

On 7/7 you have 26 weeks to work but 3 weeks are vacation and 3 weeks are recurrent. Its only 20 commutes per yr or $1000 in plane tickets depending on where you commute from/to if you live in a SW city. CMH PBI LAX and DAL can be commuted to that way.
Dayum.... thanks, man. That's an AWESOME idea. I live in BNA and just checked: $78 including taxes each way to DAL. (of course I'd have to get a cab to get to ADS or DFW but... still cheaper than driving!)

This may be workable after all...

Incidentally, about that eBay auction. I've been buying and selling on eBay for over 3 years, the guy selling that voucher only has a feedback of 2. Be VERY VERY careful about sending money, even by Paypal. The guy could clean out the Paypal account and you'll never see a DIME of it.

Paypal SAYS they'll go after people in court, but they never do. Trust me, I've lost over $2,000 on people like this over the last several years.

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS fund your Paypal purchases with a Visa or Mastercard Gold with purchase protection on it so the Credit Card will yank your money back for you, saving you the hassles with Paypal. Just FYI.

At least 1/2 the time you can get airlined to BNA at the end of your tour... by paying the difference... which sometimes will be zero.

Hawthorne Suites will put up NJ guys for about $38 a night. Nice place with free breakfast. Once you get on 7/7 you can buy tickets online in advance for months ahead.

Last edited:
Lear70 said:
Dayum.... thanks, man. That's an AWESOME idea. I live in BNA and just checked: $78 including taxes each way to DAL. (of course I'd have to get a cab to get to ADS or DFW but... still cheaper than driving!)

Lear70 - maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean by getting a cab to ADS or DFW. Unless you are assigned to show at the satellite airport (which I believe is DFW for DAL), you only need to get to the show location at DAL. From there, the company will provide transportation to wherever you need to go. For instance, say they want you to crew a plane out of ADS or FTW. You show up at DAL at the appointed time and then they are on the hook for transportation to ADS or FTW.

Hope that info helps.

gunfyter said:
On 7/7 you have 26 weeks to work but 3 weeks are vacation and 3 weeks are recurrent. Its only 20 commutes per yr

Almost. New guys get 2 weeks of vacation after the first year. Also, training airports are a thing of the past. You now have to fly from the domicile airport for training.

Latest resources

Back