NetJets - distance from base?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Plug said:
I live in ATL and can't move anywhere right now. I just got the app in the mail. What are the chances of getting HBA in the next year or two if hired? Also, if after a tour you can request an alternate DHD and pay the difference, correct?

Cheers
I would guess your chance of getting an HBA is less than 1%. I would say 0% but I wanted to leave a little room for a mirracle. Yes after a tour you can tell NetJets you want to go to a different airport. You make your own reservation and the company will reimburse you what they would have paid but no greater than the actual cost of your ticket. We bid our schedules quarterly.

You can live wherever you want. Period. If you want to live in Nome Alaska but your domicile is Palm Beach, then live in Nome. There is NOTHING in the current CBA that tells you where you have to live. The only thing required of you is to be at work on time.

Going2Baja, The information that was sent to you was based on the the old CBA.

be-400xpdriver said:
I would guess your chance of getting an HBA is less than 1%. I would say 0% but I wanted to leave a little room for a mirracle. Yes after a tour you can tell NetJets you want to go to a different airport. You make your own reservation and the company will reimburse you what they would have paid but no greater than the actual cost of your ticket. We bid our schedules quarterly.

I figured, but had to ask anyway.

I am still thinking of making the jump so tell me more about the 7 on 7 off deal. When do you have to be in position at your domicile? How far in advance do you know where you are going during the 7/7?

Thanks in advance!

Plug said:
When do you have to be in position at your domicile?
At you briefed show time. You will be briefed the evening before your first day of duty what time you need to show.
plug said:
How far in advance do you know where you are going during the 7/7?
at NetJets you NEVER know where you are going until you are actually going there. Even then you still don't really know for sure.

Cavpilot said:
You can live wherever you want. Period. If you want to live in Nome Alaska but your domicile is Palm Beach, then live in Nome. There is NOTHING in the current CBA that tells you where you have to live. The only thing required of you is to be at work on time.

Going2Baja, The information that was sent to you was based on the the old CBA.

Then NJ Corporate has it printed incorrectly. On the same page it has the new contract pay and basing requirements.

Hi!

I was under the impression I couldn't work for NetJets, because I live in Green Bay and can't move. Do they have a base in ORD (or MDW)? If they do, it sounds like living in GRB would work for NetJets if I was based in Chicago???

Cliff
YIP

Curious if there have been any new hires since the TA was ratified that were able to get assigned homebasing?

LOL. Well Ok then. Thanks for the feedback.

Latest resources

Back