NetJets - distance from base?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
VVJM265,

All new hires will be assgined a domicle. Currently 5 locations. The company is allowing the person to pick from the 5 domiciles. The domiciles are TEB,PBI,DAL,CMH,LAX.

Home Basing is only avaliable to all pilots here at the time of ratification. All new hires will have to wait until they are in top 30% of senority list to hold HB.

I have read that people think Home Baseing will change. Possible, but that is not how it is written. I don't see the companies motivation to change it now. I am only pointing out what are the current facts. Hope this helps in making a choice.

infoman.

infoman said:
VVJM265,

All new hires will be assgined a domicle. Currently 5 locations. The company is allowing the person to pick from the 5 domiciles. The domiciles are TEB,PBI,DAL,CMH,LAX.

Home Basing is only avaliable to all pilots here at the time of ratification. All new hires will have to wait until they are in top 30% of senority list to hold HB.

I have read that people think Home Baseing will change. Possible, but that is not how it is written. I don't see the companies motivation to change it now. I am only pointing out what are the current facts. Hope this helps in making a choice.

infoman.

Infoman,

Thanks for the input. I read back thru this entire thread and also thru the contract posted on the union site. I have to wade thru it a few more times, but if I understood, you can live away from your domicle, you just need to be w/i 90 miles by midnight prior to your rotation. If that is correct then it but a new twist on things from my persepective.

Thanks again,

VVJM265 said:
Infoman,

Thanks for the input. I read back thru this entire thread and also thru the contract posted on the union site. I have to wade thru it a few more times, but if I understood, you can live away from your domicle, you just need to be w/i 90 miles by midnight prior to your rotation. If that is correct then it but a new twist on things from my persepective.

Thanks again,

Not quite...Live where you want, period. You must be in position at your briefed show time. Thats all. Simple.

The 90 mile thing is for pilots already here at ratification. If you lived within 90 miles, you were a domicile based pilot with the option of moving farther out and being an HBA pilot.

All newhires have to REPORT to their domicile. Live where you wish.

Think of it like an airline job only you dont have the jump seat to get you to work.

You are correct that you can commute to your domicile. Also your 90 mile enterp is correct.

Best of Luck.
infoman.

Thanks for the info gents.

Sidebar:

gunfyter said:
which Squadron is JM?

Wrt my "screen-name," VV = Navy, JM = USN air logistics assets w/i EUCOM which are tasked by the notorious ASCOMED, 265 = the Saberliner which I cut my teeth on in what seems like a gillion years ago (Mt Etna there from a squadron photoX).

I had the good fortune to do 2 tours in Italy, one flying the N265 & the other flying the SA227.
Thanks again for the info, I'm sure I'll have more questions in the next few weeks.

VVJM265

infoman said:
VVJM265,

infoman.

How hard is it to get based in Dallas?

Supposedly they are still allowing newhires to choose which domicle they want to use. With that in mind you should be able to get it right away.

infoman said:
You are correct that you can commute to your domicile. Also your 90 mile enterp is correct.

Bad info there Infoman. The 90 miles by midnight was from the old CBA. There is NOTHING in the new CBA that even implies that this is still the case.

One more time...live wherever you want, show up to work on time.

Latest resources

Back