Netjets Dallas or Seattle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
John B said:
I will have my retirement pay and my wife is an R.N. Is Grapevine less expensive than Frisco? Which, in your opinion, seems nicer?

I stayed in grapevine. Its a pretty nice place and not too far to DFW. Check out Grapevine Mills. It's a pretty cool mall with a Bass Pro Shop and lots of good eating places. I'm sure it would be pretty easy for your wife to find a job at one of the local hospitals.

We fly from LOVE not DFW. Lot of NJA folks in Frisco. Yes we are snooty too. You must have at least a 3/4 ton pickup or we will look down our noses at you. LOL If you just have a half ton go to Grapevine.

Last edited:
John B said:
I will have my retirement pay and my wife is an R.N. Is Grapevine less expensive than Frisco? Which, in your opinion, seems nicer?

Good because Nutjets pay will barely pay your electric bill...

John B said:
What if I have a beat-up Toyota Camry?

Then Fort Worth is the place for you. The common question over in Dallas County (Frisco, Plano, Dallas) is "What kind of car do you drive?".
The common question over in Fort Worth (Tarrant County) is "What kind of beer do you drink?"

Grapevine is pretty nice. It's one of the few DFW 'bedroom' cities with a true downtown area. There's a strip of shops with a few bars, etc. Grapevine lake is right there. There's even a Vineyard!

Dallas is a phony ass city what a joke!! I've always thought Southern Cal had the phoniest people in the world until I spent sometime in Dallas!! It's all about outdoing the Jones' down there, and everyone is in there own little clique. And what the fuc* is all this Don't Mess With Texas bullsh*t about? Pick Seattle over Dallas that's a no-brainer.. Everyone knows Austin and San Antonio are the two hot spots in Texas!!

I have been pushing for a San Antonio gateway for 5 years.

Too many yankees and California people in Austin.... You might as well move to NYC. But great Blues clubs.

When I have complained about commuting some have asked, Why don't you just move to Dallas? I have to reply, Why would anyone live in Dallas when you could be in San Antonio?

Go SPURS!

gunfyter said:
I have been pushing for a San Antonio gateway for 5 years.

Too many yankees and California people in Austin.... You might as well move to NYC. But great Blues clubs.

When I have complained about commuting some have asked, Why don't you just move to Dallas? I have to reply, Why would anyone live in Dallas when you could be in San Antonio?

Go SPURS!

Hey Gun,

I am a big Spurs fan too!! What a classy team. I always wondered why more people don't talk about Tim Duncan considering he's the greatest player in the game, and the greatest Power Forward of all time.. I guess it's because he's a gentleman and not flashy...He doesnt rape women like Kobe and pimp hos like Iverson..

HAHAHAHAHA, Whatever!

Hey John B,

You are not the John B I know, but thats OK.

The guys posting are all correct in there minds.

I drive a 10 year old Toyota Corrolla, but I drive to DAllas from Ft. Hood.

What fleet are you? Where are you stationed now? Welcome aboard!

Don't forget to buy your uniform pants a size or 2 bigger in the waist!

Do you know what your "extra duties" will be yet??????

Nothing!!!!!! YYYYEEEAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, I also have some buddies that live around Denten as well. As stated before, DAllas Love is the base not DFW.

There may be a change in the contract that will allow you to live wherever you want provided you can get a main base by a certain time. I.E. To DFW by 10 am. (No problem from Killeen, that is a big deal for me because the drive to Dallas SSSSSUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKSSSSSSS)!!!!

In my opinion the worst part of the job is driving and then airlining to and from work .

Latest resources

Back