Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

John B

Hello,
Can anyone recommend any decent areas in which to live in the Dallas area?
Also, does anyone live in the Seattle area and, if so, how has that worked out for you? I think we are favoring Dallas d/t the lower cost-of-living, but Seattle sure does look nice. Any help is appreciated. Also, if residing in Dallas, from which airport does one normally fly?
Thank you!

Last edited:
Seattle

There was a long string with numerous opinions regarding the QOL in the Seattel area within the last week. Do a quick search on Seattle.

Some of the SEA guys have some issues with the parking at the FBO, but that is a small price to pay for a great area.

Thanks for the replies! Which airport do you normally use in the Dallas area? Frisco looks great! Is it a long commute? Any drawbacks to Frisco? Housing seems very nice and very reasonable!

Thank you!

You can't live in Frisco TX on a NJA salary. Move to coppell or grapevine or lewisville or even fort worth. Much cheaper and less snooty people.

Hogprint said:
Some of the SEA guys have some issues with the parking at the FBO, but that is a small price to pay for a great area.

There's some talk about Southwest moving from SEA to BFI. Its probably at least a year away if it does happen, but that could help the crews with parking.

Hmm, Why would Southwest moving to BFI help NJA crews with parking? I don't recall flying only on Southwest. If that was the case then all the pilots at NJA gatewayed at DAL would fly Southwest. Of, couse you can't fly very far out of DAL on Southwest. Look, Family Guy is the worst source for info on NJA unless you want misinformation.

cosmotheassman said:
You can't live in Frisco TX on a NJA salary. Move to coppell or grapevine or lewisville or even fort worth. Much cheaper and less snooty people.
No, but he can afford to live here on retired military pay, can't he?

I will have my retirement pay and my wife is an R.N. Is Grapevine less expensive than Frisco? Which, in your opinion, seems nicer?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back