Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Should Clear This Up

IDENTIFICATION
Regis#: 420QS Make/Model: GLF4 Description: G-1159C GULFSTREAM 4/4SP/SRA-4 (C-20F/G/
Date: 11/29/2004 Time: 1937

Event Type: Incident Highest Injury: None Mid Air: N Missing: N
Damage: Unknown

DESCRIPTION
N420QS, NETJETS INC, GULFSTREAM G-IV ACFT, ON LANDING, NOSE GEAR COLLAPSED
AND ACFT SLID OFF THE RUNWAY, GYPSUM, CO

INJURY DATA Total Fatal: 0
# Crew: 3 Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:
# Pass: 0 Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:
# Grnd: Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:

WEATHER: VMC, SKC, CALM, A3013

Mobie

Patmack18 said:
hyper thats a great pic..
Thanks. In a strange way, I miss those days. Oh...wait...I know why, boxes treated me better than passengers.

Pics

Doesn't anyone carry a digital camera anymore? Let's see some pics :)

JetCapt69 said:
Doesn't anyone carry a digital camera anymore? Let's see some pics :)
I saw a pic of it in OCC the other day. Not sure where they got it from. There was a crew member standing next to the plane along with some airport workers.

GIV at Vail

According to the Maintenance Operational Letter, the nose gear collapsed after the GIV left the runway. Tough luck.

GV

N8Dogg said:
IMHO the word "crash" seems like such a general term that it could potentially cover both incidents and accidents. It looks to me like we are splitting hairs here. If someone has the time to research this then they have more free time than I do. Maybe we should just be grateful that no one was injured. Just my $0.02.
I have to agree with you Dogg. The problem is though that seeing the word "crash" in the subject line of a thread evokes a certain reaction. An airplane slamming into the side of a mountain at 280kts or something to that effect.

By the way, don't tell QANTAS that you think this was a crash because when they ran off the rwy in Thailand a few years back they were very careful to make sure it was written up as a taxiing incident (even though it was the landing roll), that way they made sure they still have a history of Zero accidents.

Weasil, I just did some research by calling some instructor buddies at Boeing. The aircraft incident involving Qantas was an overrun, but they didn't need to evacuate and the aircraft is flying again. It actually did aquaplane off the end of the runway in Bangkok and ended up in a golf course!!

Was Greg Norman on board? Was he late for his tee-time?

Latest resources

Back