NetJet's Contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
guess Im living under a rock.

I didnt know there was a big demand for corp pilots right now!

good to hear!

I know several pilots I have talked to are just waiting for the call from Southwest and/or JetBlue. They are debating wether to stay with NJA for the new contract or go for the airline lifestyle now. Guess if and when the contract is done they will all see if they made the right choice. Just because they are flying a corporate jet now they are far from limited to corporate jobs.

if the target group is 5000 and there are 1800 guys now, thats alot of positions to fill. Any idea of the time period this hiring target is going to be over? The number of guys in the pool now, the number of new hires per month and for how long?

Ive heard that the salaries at this company are also not that great, any idea if itl improve with the new contract?

cheers

Will the salary scale improve with the next contract. Humm. I'd say, YES. Salary, along with Scope and Retro are the most talked about subjects on the road. I expect to see NetJets, by far, the best paid in the fractional arena. In fact, I'd bet my JOB on it! Because I am.
;)

lets try this again :D how does NJ salary at $ 28 000 p.a. (read this somewhere) compare to the other operators like Flight Options, Citationshares, and um....Flexjet! ?

Anybody have any info on Privatair? Those guys have a huge operation, but seem very tight lipped about employment and requirements, cant get the info anywhere?

Actually, I think Options and Flex pay more than NetJets. They are good companies, although the whole fractional ownership program is going thru growing pains.

Just do your homework. Look at potential, growth and stability. I did this (as I built hours to the minimums) and by far NetJets stood out. You just can't beat being backed by Berkshire Hathaway (NetJets, Flight Safety, GIECO, Dairy Queen, Outback, Coke a Cola, Fiji water, and Waren Buffett himself) and the investors (owners) feel the same way. We have 1800+ pilots and soon to grow with 350+ jets with 200 on order. With 4-5 pilots per airframe, you can see the growth potential (say seniority number).

Good luck.

Scrode, where are you getting those numbers. 350 airplanes, yes if you count NJI and EJM. Neither of those are Teamster pilots. So they really dont count in that number. Just looked at the list of NJA airplanes last month, something like 260 or around that. I think 5000 is a bit of an over estimation also. Lets say we just about double in size in the next 5 years, thats a little less than 4000 needed, and I dont think NJA can expand that much. The days of growing at moronic rates are over for the fractionals I would guess.

Touche! Had the same list as you but skipped a line adding it up. Either way, 5000 pilots at NJA alone, seems like a stretch.

The "total" original orders for NJA (EJA/EJI only) was 1012. At 5 pilots/plane you would get 5000 pilots. One thing marketing didn't publish in those figures were aircraft "retirements." So theoretically we would never have 1000 aircraft at one time.

I'm a bit out of touc hhere, hopefully you guys can clear things up for me.
please define:

Retro?
NJA
EJA
EJI

thanks

Latest resources

Back