NetJet's Contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Magneto

I was just reading an article about NetJets that was about 2 years old and they talked about working on a new contract. I did a search in the forum but couldn't get a couple of questions answered. Can someone help?

1. Did they sign a contract and if so what was accomplished?

2. How does NetJets compare to the other fractionals?

3. Do they prefer to hire former 121 or 135 pilots?

Thanks for your help.

1. Did they sign a contract and if so what was accomplished?

* Negotiations are ongoing - 2.5 years. Now in mediated neg., completion is anyones guess but most anticipate something within a year.

2. How does NetJets compare to the other fractionals?

* You will get MANY opinons on this question. No right answer but probably have more job security at NetJets than any other fracional.

3. Do they prefer to hire former 121 or 135 pilots?

* NetJets has the largest mixing pool of pilots I've ever seen!! There doesn't seem to be any preference given to any particular type of flying. No hiring right now but I expect to see hiring start in mid/late summer.

There is a rumor that the new President of NJA wants the contract done by this summer. I also heard a rumor from a reliable source that they have already geared up to start hiring again, and that will more than likely begin this summer.

In my opinion, if the contract is substandard, hiring at NJA will resume at a record pace following the mass exodus.

What happened to the Falcon 2000 program managers and check airmen?

just curious..

mass exodus to where?

I know there a few good jobs out there....but its still a tight market...

grass is always greener right?

mass exodus to where?
I knew someone would ask this question after I posted. Believe it or not, NJA loses about 1 pilot a week. Some quit and find other professions, some go fly for private individuals, and others go to the Majors. That's right, SWA and JetBlue are hiring pilots and have been taking them from NJA since last year. SO, "the grass can be greener on the other side", just depends on your vision. But don't worry, NJA pilots won't vote YES on garbage. The longer it takes, the more they want.

Good or bad, I don't know - the "mass exedus" will probably happen as soon as the contract goes into effect. Retro checks being the primary reason. A lot of guys flying after year 60 want to retire - just want a little boost before they do. Some want greener grass and the retro helps them get there - no retro, well, NetJets will need a WHOLE lot of pilots!

Either way, the target pilot group is 5,000. Considering the number at 1,800 now, hiring will boom depending upon training availability.

no really, no joking here...

I can see old guys just retiring as they no doubt have pensions from previous jobs...but a mass exodus??

where ya goin? to all the other openings in corp avaition??....well, those a few are far between these days...who is hiring? regional airlines? will guys go there?? (I dont know..)

really - great luck to you. much better pay is deserved. But BH runs a very lean money making company - they will look at how much NJ makes them, how much pay raises will cost, and go from there.

good luck!

So far I haven't heard of anyone (with reasonable time) at NetJets having "trouble" finding new jobs. Many already do work for charter operators. Seems like a high demand for a high time CE750 and G200 guys. Word on the street says HR is providing all kinds of information to SWA . . . and SWA is hiring. Where ya been?

Latest resources

Back