Netjets commuting questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks to both.

Is Netjets interviewing folks who want TEB and/or PBI or does it vary throughout the year?

Thanks again.

Hi!

I believe the interview wait does depend on what base you want. For sure the class start date depends and the base and aircraft.

cliff
ILN

Thanks to both.

Is Netjets interviewing folks who want TEB and/or PBI or does it vary throughout the year?

Thanks again.

It seems to ebb and flow. I gave a letter of rec to a guy who wanted LAX (which is not a popular dumb-a-cile choice) and it took about 2 months from the submission of my letter of rec to his job offer. However, PBI and DAL have been popular choices and supposedly people are waiting much longer for those cities.

But keep an eye out. There may be a big change in the basing options at NJA after the IBB process concludes and we see the document in October.

To add to Diesel's post, the company has the option of also starting you at the one so-called satellite airport that's been designated for the TEB domicile, which is HPN.

If the company assigns you to start your tour at HPN, you have to report there and the company is responsible for parking fees, if any. Also, the company is responsible for returning you to HPN at the end of the tour within your duty time limit.

That is only true if you live with in 90 miles of the domacile and satellite. If you are outside of that 90 mile (Mapquest distance) then they can only start you at your domicile. If you live in NOVA then you can only start and finish in TEB (unless you elect to airline elsewhere on your last day - but that's another topic).

That is only true if you live with in 90 miles of the domacile and satellite. If you are outside of that 90 mile (Mapquest distance) then they can only start you at your domicile. If you live in NOVA then you can only start and finish in TEB (unless you elect to airline elsewhere on your last day - but that's another topic).

You are correct - thanks for adding that caveat.

I live in one of the "magic 5" and I've yet to start at the satellite even though I live just minutes from it.

So, um, let's say I have a friend . . .

Based out of LA, at the end of his tour, how easy would it be to get his ticket changed to Seatac?

I understand you pay the difference in cost to the airline? Or you end up in LA and spend your own dime to get back I understand.

You have to book your own ticket to wherever you want to go. The company will turn your ticket to LAX into a "dummy" ticket and show how much it is worth so you know how much you can get reimbursed. Actually, you will know the cost of the ticket when they send you the flight information so you can plan your flight home accordingly. Remember that plans can change on the last day so booking your ticket early can be a risk.

And don't tell them about wanting a dummy ticket until after they book the ticket back to your domicile. That's one of the more important hints from the guys booking their own tickets home. That way, you'll likely have a bigger budget to book your own ticket.

Hopefully some of the folks using this scheme will chime in with more details for you.

So, um, let's say I have a friend . . .

Based out of LA, at the end of his tour, how easy would it be to get his ticket changed to Seatac?

Be sure to tell your, um, "friend" to keep an eye out for possible changes in basing resulting from the IBB process. The deadline for the document is October 1 and we should start knowing some of the details fairly soon.

And don't tell them about wanting a dummy ticket until after they book the ticket back to your domicile. That's one of the more important hints from the guys booking their own tickets home. That way, you'll likely have a bigger budget to book your own ticket.

Hopefully some of the folks using this scheme will chime in with more details for you.

I'm not sure I follow, at the end of tour, am I asking NJA's travel dept to change my tix? Or am I calling the airline directly and using my existing fare as a discount? As a mil guy, we'd do the latter if we wanted to make changes, then pay the difference. This allowed changes to be made with the gov't discounted fare.

But amybe having NJA's travel peeps make the changes would be less expensive?

Thanks
Go HBA.

Latest resources

Back