Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bell47

shoveling the dream!
I want to apply at NJ's but I would like to know about commuting. Can NJ's pilots jumpseat on other airlines specifically Colgan? When you are "domiciled" at TEB (or any other Domicile) are you responsible to get there or do they get you there from certain airports? Thanks guys.

NJA does not have any jumpseat agreement with anyone. I wouldn't even consider it a possibility.

Once you are assigned a Domicile, you are responsible to get yourself to that Domicile by any means possible so as to report for duty at the assigned time, by the Company, on your first day.

As the contract is currently written, the Company must assign you a start time for your first day no later than 7pm local the day prior.

That's the way it is, the Readers Digest version, at this CURRENT moment. Things may change in the very near future however.

I will not speculate any further becasue I have no factual information to provide.

October will be the time for a vote on a whole host of topics all lumped into 1 vote.

Nothing is certain and alot of people are basing their vote on the complete package......not just the HBA language.

This vote is, by no mean, a sure thing.

Oct 1 is when we are supposed to see the package. I don't think a vote by date X has been set yet. Nor has an implementation date.

Beat the rush and put in an app. If you like what NJA has to offer at the time you receive an offer, take the job. If you don't like the way things are, tell them thanks but no thanks.

I dont think this Oct vote will pass if there is no monetary gain for the pilots. If the company needs more pilot domiciles they can change the policy without a vote.

My "yes" vote is for sale only.

I dont think this Oct vote will pass if there is no monetary gain for the pilots. If the company needs more pilot domiciles they can change the policy without a vote.

My "yes" vote is for sale only.

Care to make that interesting?

Hi!

I talked to a NJ guy who knew what was going on as far as "home basing". He asked me where I lived, and how many airlines flew in there. I told him 5 + Allegiant. He said I would have no problem commuting from my home airport. He said Fargo was another example of what type of airport you could commute to.

He said the deal would be done and public in Oct or maybe Sep, and then go to a vote. He told me to get my stuff in now.

Good Luck!

cliff
ILN

Hi!

I talked to a NJ guy who knew what was going on as far as "home basing". He asked me where I lived, and how many airlines flew in there. I told him 5 + Allegiant. He said I would have no problem commuting from my home airport. He said Fargo was another example of what type of airport you could commute to.

He said the deal would be done and public in Oct or maybe Sep, and then go to a vote. He told me to get my stuff in now.

Good Luck!

cliff
ILN

Get your stuff in now...ignore the rest.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back