• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets classes for November?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Abbey if you have a pulse you are in...I've never met an applicant that wasn't offered a job. Of course they couldn't get anyone to come here. We'll see how many sign up for a top end salary of $50K...Upgrades are going to be slow as we clear the bypass FO's off the list.

I actually know of 3 people who weren't hired in the past year. Two busted in the sim and the third simply wasn't very interested in coming to NJA even before the interview. DM picked up on the third guy's attitude or demeanor and they ended up not making an offer to him.

Pervis said:
1. Seat locked means you are stuck in that jet for the period unless seat locks are waived due to non-seat locked bids being insufficient to meet the number of upgrades company set. You can upgrade in that jet if your seniority holds it, or if not enough people bid another type, company can release the seat locks on a seniority basis.
The new TA gets rid of seat locks for F/O's upgrading to Captain. You could be on the property for just a few months and take a Captain's bid to another aircraft. But the reality is upgrades are going to slow down due to all the bypass pay F/O's that now have a strong financial incentive to upgrade.

The TA also gets rid of the 2 year training contract.

AirBear

AirBear8 said:
The TA also gets rid of the 2 year training contract.

AirBear

Even for a new hire that needs to sign the training contract to get a Nov. class date?

WillFlyFoCookie said:
Even for a new hire that needs to sign the training contract to get a Nov. class date?
Correct, here's the contract language:

5.2(a) The Company shall pay for all costs associated with new hire initial/transition/recurrent training, including the cost of the training event, and all new hire training expenses in accordance with Section 20 of the Agreement. There shall be no individual agreements of any kind between pilot applicants/trainees and the Company with respect to payment or reimbursement for new hire training. Individual training agreements of pilots on the seniority list as of the date of ratification shall be null and void.

AirBear

A quick question. Is the 11/21 date official ratification or is this TA still to be determined? Thanks.

Ballots have to be received by 0900 on the 21st. The count is scheduled to be done that day but that may slide to the 22nd. Whenever the count is completed and certified, that will be either the ratification or rejection date.

Grizz,

You make it sound as if the TA might fail. Is this actually a possibility?

After looking over the TA summary and the NJA/NJI side agreement pretty closely, it appears 1108 got most of what they wanted. Sure, new hires post-ratification got hurt on basing and junior F/O's got hurt a bit on salary but most airline contract negotiations are driven by the interests of the more senior members often at the expense of those further down the list.

Will your membership actually pull the plug on this deal and try again? I can't help but feel that would be a bad idea for all concerned.

I think it will pass. I just try to hedge my bets when making statements about ratification. It ain't over 'til it's over.

contract..

Ament to that Grizz....it still could go either way as more and more pilots are discovering that "the devil is in the details.." by the way when you scheduled to come back on line?

Latest resources

Back