NetJets classes for November?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WillFlyFoCookie said:
There are 2 indoc classes that I know of in November and before the TA is ratified: the 7th and the 14th. I'm taking the 7th in the Ultra. I guess they selected me for just the Ultra because they didn't offer me the X. OH well, I think the Ultra should be fun.

Cookie...welcome to the U-Boat!

I started in th X and spent two and a half years in it. I just upgraded in the Ultra.

The X's a fun airplane...the Uboats' got good crews...

Not bad mouthing the X guys but, the ultra guys work hard and play hard...not a lot of EGO either.

Some of the X guy's think they're astronauts!
Blast me if you want...I was in it for a while.

Anyways...most of the guys here, regardless of fleet are great...

Enjoy CMH...happy hour at the embassy is fun! Great restaurants and "eye candy" at the Easton Mall.

Good luck.

Inida Job said:
Seaspray,
I only have 300 hours in the G-V (courtesy of the USAF and joe taxpayer). Almost everyone I talk to wants at least 500 before they'll put me in a G-V job. It has also been 2.5 years since my last flight in the G-V and that doesn't help either. Additionally, I don't know anyone working for NJI so I don't have an "in." If you know someone that wants to pay me to fly a G-V (or G350/450/500/550) I'd love to. I had a blast flying that airplane and would love to get back to it.

IJ

Check your PM.

I'm lazy and don't like to work, If given a choice which plane has the shortest days and flys the least?

I heard the X guys fly their tails off and have the longest days, I don't care how fast the plane is I just want the shortest work day, which plane?

Thanks

Last edited:
A couple of questions for the NJA people as I have an interview coming up.

1. If one is hired into a larger AC you must sit out your seat lock before upgrading in a smaller AC?

2. Avg monthly flight hours?

3. Which AC have an APU? I need to be comfy.:)

4. Are overnights scheduled to the bare mins?

5. Do you mainly fly in the region where based, or does it vary?

I am currently in a 121 carrier and looking to make a change. NJA looks on paper pretty good and am looking forward to the interview. Thanks for the help.

Abbey said:

1. If one is hired into a larger AC you must sit out your seat lock before upgrading in a smaller AC?

NO

ALL BUT THE ULTRA AND 400xp

OFTEN

YOU FLY EVERYWHERE

I am currently in a 121 carrier and looking to make a change. NJA looks on paper pretty good and am looking forward to the interview. Thanks for the help.

I recommend going to a plane with the most valuable type rating. That way you can leave to a good job after 2 years if you do not like it here. Falcon, G200, or X would be good.

Abbey said:

1. Seat locked means you are stuck in that jet for the period unless seat locks are waived due to non-seat locked bids being insufficient to meet the number of upgrades company set. You can upgrade in that jet if your seniority holds it, or if not enough people bid another type, company can release the seat locks on a seniority basis.

2. Avg hours depend on type. I've flown three different types so far and the hours have increased in each type. In the CE 750, I probably average 65-70 hrs/month. Less in the other jets though, as the X flies the most.

3. All have APU's except the Ultra, Encore, and 400XP.

4. Overnights are the norm. Rarely do you get an overnight at home. We get to keep all hotel points and airline miles though, and we generally stay in Hilton or equivalent. All are diamond members with Hilton upon completing training with the company. Executive rooms are very nice, although still 4 walls and a bed, or 8 wlls and 2 beds with a suite.

5. You fly wherever they need you, which means all over. The nice part is they fly you to and from the jet on company time. No commuting on your time or dime.

6. Rarely do you buy your own food, and that means per diem is extra cash-tax free. They can't afford to let you go to lunch with the timelines we deal with. Quite frankly, I'm getting tired of fillet mignon and blackened salmon. Only restrictions are shell and raw fish.

7. Tips are another part of the equation I won't elaborate on here.

Gunfyter and Perivs,
Thanks for the info in the replies. We shall see how I do at the interview.

Latest resources

Back