• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Cessna 310

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Most of these planes can outdo the book everyday. Day in and day out.

Problem is we go by what the numbers say in the AFM. Am i sure the X or ultra can outdo the book. Sure but when i'm leaving out of ASE. I look in the AFM and if it says i can't do it I don't.

I don't use personal experience. I use cold hard numbers to see if I can or can not do it.

Diesel

No offense brother but your information is questionable. The Cessna 310 is indeed a part 23 aircraft. Where you got your numbers from though is a huge mystery to me. Under FAR part 23 any multi-engine aircraft that has a Max Gross Take Off weight of 6000 lbs. or greater and or a Vso greater than 61KCAS must prove a 1.5% climb gradient @ 5000' of pressure altitude in order to be certified. The 310R falls under this category due to it's stall speed and indeed meets the requirements.

Any time human beings (yes that includes us line pilots) were and are flown on N310QS the climb gradient is always figured into all IFR departure scenarios. If that figure (plus a buffer built in) does not meet the required than no passengers are to be flown. It is lil NJA 310 SOP. I understand that many people do not want to fly on the little bird and that is fine. But do not pull BS out of your pocket to ruin it for those of us that prefer it over other methods of transportation. I just hope it returns after the contract is finished.

Too bad you need a minimum 3.3 climb gradiant for IFR.

But that's okay because it won't even make the 1.6 vfr climb gradiant.

What conversion does it have because the R model has a 5500 gross weight. You can get a conversion to 5680 but that's it.

Last edited:
The 1.5 gradient that I quoted was merely the part 23 certification regulation Diesel. I’m well aware of what the standard IFR gradient is but thank you for the reminder. You obviously missed my point how ever. The Pilots that fly N310QS will NOT carry pax (other pilots, mechanics, and yes even the big bad BB himself) if they can not meet the departure gradients. It is that simple. The pilots that fly the airplane are not as dumb as you seem to make them out. The only questionable motives that these 310 pilots may have are to be to work for NetJets in the first place and put up with the piston ignorance of all of us jet jocks. Before you go ranting about an operation you no nothing about why don’t you learn a bit from it.

The Pilots that fly N310QS will NOT carry pax (other pilots, mechanics, and yes even the big bad BB himself) if they can not meet the departure gradients

Is that one engine or two? Where do they find the second segment climb gradients for the 310?

There is NO REQUIREMENT in part 91 to make IFR climb gradients on one engine.

"Is that one engine or two? Where do they find the second segment climb gradients for the 310?

There is NO REQUIREMENT in part 91 to make IFR climb gradients on one engine."

________________________________________________________________________________

OK. I'm going to try and be nice about this. Regarding the one or two enging question first: Cessna does indeed publish single engine rate of climb for the 310R. The pilots that fly N310QS will NOT take off with passengers if they do not EXCEED the required IFR climb rate on ONE ENGINE!

Again, we have a true educator on our hands with this next one. You are indeed correct that there is NO REQUIRMENT in part 91 to make IFR climb gradients on one engine. Not even on two engines for that matter oh regulation Budda. What I am trying to say is that regardless of "regulations" the people that fly this airplane fly it safe and with in all IFR worst case scenario boundries. If they can not make gradients they do not go. I know this for a fact! Yes, they want to build time but they are not stupid. They know more about aircraft performance, TERPS and the capabilities of their little airplane than anything FSI can teach you. Give the guys a break. They are safe and take pride in staying safe. Besides, I don't even know why you continue to bad mouth these guys. Per our good buddy GH noone has to see the inside of the 310 again anyway.

4 pilots and 3/4 tanks i'm sure that climb rate is stellar.

It's a moot issue we don't have to ride in that thing anymore. Thank god.

[QUOTE

OK. I'm going to try and be nice about this. Regarding the one or two enging question first: Cessna does indeed publish single engine rate of climb for the 310R. The pilots that fly N310QS will NOT take off with passengers if they do not EXCEED the required IFR climb rate on ONE ENGINE!
[/QUOTE]

If this is so, you sure don't fly much IFR with passengers. Have you ever actually calculated your engine out climb gradient?

I remember 310QS flying out of BDL back around 1996-1997. If I remember correctly they used it to fly some honcho down to TEB, before they got the King Air.

The line guys used to break it regularly by turning the nose gear beyond its limits when towing it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back