Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets' Captains need to get over themselves!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm flying at an overseas airline where I am not allowed to give F/Os landings or takoffs until I get one some list. Nevermind that I have over 3,000 hrs on type or use to be an Examiner on the aircraft. I'm new to the airline and this is their policy with all new Captains.

I'm honestly growing tired of landing every leg. I usually give the F/Os the aircraft at 1,000' and take it back at 1,000 ft. I can tell they're frustrated with this arrangement but I've been told that the company is monitoring all new Captains via the CVR to verify there are no cowboys joining the ranks. For them moment, I have to respect their policy. But I agree it is unfair and it makes the F/Os job boring and deterioriates their effectiveness in the cockpit.

Plus, it makes it harder on me at times. Today I wasn't feeling well after the 3rd leg. But I didn't pick up on that until I took the aircraft at 1000'. In hindsight it wouldn't have been a bad idea to ask the F/O to land but there would have been loads of paperwork involved and most-deinitately an investigation by the regulatory authorities. Which would have lead to my being grounded.

I agree with your assessment of these Captains. Regardless of whether you come across as arrogant or full of yourself, that is not the point of the thread. The point is, Captain after Captain won't give you flying. That makes THEM the arrogant and ignorant ones

IMO, this is wrong.

I mean, who really cares? It's not as though we're building a rocket here, folks.

Wait till you're off probation, then speak up.

And FWIW, I have years experience flying corporate including some members of the Forbes top 10 list. I know there is pressure tobe smooth with a VIP but Captains have to take command. If it's a firm landing the VIP isn't going to get you fired... especially since you'r union at NetJets. as long as no metal is bent, chalk it up as a "Ma-bad", learn from it and hopefully grease the next one. As if the Captains grease it everytime, right?

I've been told that the company is monitoring all new Captains via the CVR to verify there are no cowboys joining the ranks. For them moment, I have to respect their policy.

You RESPECT a policy that violates the terms of use of a CVR?!!. If it is true that your employer uses the Cockpit Voice Recorder to monitor/discipline crew members, you should be looking HARD for another job. The CVR is STRICTLY for the investigation of ACCIDENTS and ANY other use of the device is a violation of the reasons why they were installed.

Yep, nothing I can do about it... until I return back to my airline in the US. Overseas airlines don't follow all the ICAO rules all of the time.

<<<< Yep, nothing I can do about it... until I return back to my airline in the US. Overseas airlines don't follow all the ICAO rules all of the time. >>>>

Very true - in the country that your airline is based in. However, depending on the operating practices, other national aviation authorities (i.e. countries your airline operates into) may well take a different view! ;)

oh no don't you even think of falling off the first page.

A surefire way for another 200 posts:

Dear NetJetWife:

It is my opinion that professional fractional pilots, like my local professional dentist, do not NEED to be tipped by me. Just my opinion.

(PS - It just came to me I have not seen her post ina while).

This is just too juicy to pass up.:nuts:

Tips are great! An extra C note is the difference between beginning the night trolling the "E" section of the yellow pages and haggling with One Eyed Lola on the street corner.:D

However, I don't expect a tip. My compensation level is adequate to provide whatever "room service" is required.:pimp:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back