NetJets Burning

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Extra Fees to Owners

The company (NJA) as raised the rates to the owners to provide raises for the crews, have they gotten them? NO!!

This is one of the big misconceptions which has been on the board for a long time. The pilots have been told by someone other than the Company, that the Company raised management fees to the owners years ago to pay for the raises to the pilots. Suppossedly, the Company has been stockpiling this cash for years, without passing any of it along to the pilots.

I have never had an increase in fees to cover the new pilots contract. I have been with the Company for enough years that I have had to renew my contract, and the only increases have been the standard minimum 3.75% increase in fees each year. In fact, the contracts provide that the fees shall increase at the great of a certain CPI calculation or 3.75% per year.

Fly safe.

NJAowner said:
The company (NJA) as raised the rates to the owners to provide raises for the crews, have they gotten them? NO!!

This is one of the big misconceptions which has been on the board for a long time. The pilots have been told by someone other than the Company, that the Company raised management fees to the owners years ago to pay for the raises to the pilots. Suppossedly, the Company has been stockpiling this cash for years, without passing any of it along to the pilots.

I have never had an increase in fees to cover the new pilots contract. I have been with the Company for enough years that I have had to renew my contract, and the only increases have been the standard minimum 3.75% increase in fees each year. In fact, the contracts provide that the fees shall increase at the great of a certain CPI calculation or 3.75% per year.

Fly safe.

So where does this 3.75% go then? Also if you have a big share 3.75% can be a big chunck of money. Take that times the number of owners and it will add up. Another thing is the cards they are selling. I do not believe they buy new airplanes fro them. So they are using your airplane for some 25 hour card member to fly on. I know that is how it is workinig at Options and the real onwers of the planes are not to pleased about it.

How about we just stop bankrolling NJE? Look at all the savings we could put towards paying a pilot and a NJA "team member" also.

First year f/o in a jet 2100 a month gimme a break i could make more as a garbage man and they pay for your uniforms plus government bennies

We can only hope.

We can only hope that this is hitlers, I mean moistures, "battle of the bulge".

Their last effort at a longshot at defeating the resolve of the pilots.

I just can't seem to get why someone would get a "charge" out of destroying the dreams of a decent life for 2000 pilots and their families.

Oh yeah, Its only business, thats right. I'm glad I don't make my living off the blood money I squeeze out of honest people.

Management appears to be willing to spend more money to destroy this union then they would to pay what we are asking.

They are sending the message that they will allow the company to die before they will relinquish to our demands.

To Family Guy, CMHtroll, Dispatcher, and whomever I left out on our ground team, I'm sorry.

Management will sacrifice many if not all of your jobs as well if this doesn't go our way, and they won't even blink. They don't care anymore about you then they do us.

No "me", no "you".

Good luck to all of you.

Semore Butts said:
We can only hope that this is hitlers, I mean moistures, "battle of the bulge".

Their last effort at a longshot at defeating the resolve of the pilots.

I just can't seem to get why someone would get a "charge" out of destroying the dreams of a decent life for 2000 pilots and their families.

Oh yeah, Its only business, thats right. I'm glad I don't make my living off the blood money I squeeze out of honest people.

Management appears to be willing to spend more money to destroy this union then they would to pay what we are asking.

They are sending the message that they will allow the company to die before they will relinquish to our demands.

To Family Guy, CMHtroll, Dispatcher, and whomever I left out on our ground team, I'm sorry.

Management will sacrifice many if not all of your jobs as well if this doesn't go our way, and they won't even blink. They don't care anymore about you then they do us.

No "me", no "you".

Good luck to all of you.

See that is where the problem is. If these people really do work at NJA and some in CMH. I think they put something in the water there. We get the same response from people that work in CGF for us at Options. They seem to have a blurred vision that it is all the pilots fault. That is pretty strong kool-aid if you ask me.

Semore Butts said:

The audacity and desperateness of your quotes just continue to impress.

The company has re-stated it's position that non-bargaining employees will have work to do and no lay-offs would be anticipated. If you decided to STFD you will be closing them only on yourselves. I would rather you guys just stick around and accept the industry leading pay proposal on the table and get to work on the next contract.

It could be worse...

2 major carriers filing bankrupty in one day... if your dreams are dashed by the company not doubling your pay, imagine what it might be like to be like these guys who are facing pay cuts and loss of pensions - that's if they keep their jobs. Grass isn't looking so green any more. Nobody wants it that way - just harsh reality.

Best of luck to you as well, sincerely.

IH8MESA said:
First year f/o in a jet 2100 a month gimme a break i could make more as a garbage man and they pay for your uniforms plus government bennies

The proposal by the company for a 1st yr contract for a FO is $45,099 working 216 days/yr. That is 3758.25 a month. This is more than CS, FO, or FLEX.

I have posted something similar before, however I would like to hear any thoughts on how this would progress if we ever get to it. Having never been in a union I am clueless on the process. What happens in the event of a walkout?

Something like this?

After the recess ends the NMB releases the IBT 1108 and the Company to "self help"

The Union calls for a vote to ACTUALLY strike and passes.

The Pilots begin the strike 30 days after release.

The company responds with a lockout.

EJM and NJI go to Day on-Stay on mode, ALL HANDS ON DECK!

Massive use of Vendors, who have been gearing up for a year now.

Immediate hiring of "replacement pilots" begins.

Some number cross the line,(please don't try to resurrect that dead horse, the scab list)

After an unknown length of time(perhaps months and months) a compromise agreement is reached, or not.

Is this another PATCO?

Latest resources

Back