Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Starman

Truthsayer
It seems very clear now that Boisture, Santulli and Buffett want a show down. It's unfortunate that they'd rather watch the company go down in flames than pay a reasonable wage. Anyone thinking of coming here, don't. It would be a colossal mistake.

Starman said:
It seems very clear now that Boisture, Santulli and Buffett want a show down. It's unfortunate that they'd rather watch the company go down in flames than pay a reasonable wage. Anyone thinking of coming here, don't. It would be a colossal mistake.

What is unfortunate is that you seem willing to destroy a very good company and all the accompanying jobs that it creates in your unrealistic quest to double your pay.

You need to remember that your compensation is the sum of wages, benefits, work rules, schedules, etc. Its already been stated numerous times on this board that NetJets has the best benefits, work rules, schedules....the only place you lag is in wages, and that is only by a couple of grand.

Your union has negotiated improvements in most of the non-wage areas. These improvements cost the company money. If you want more money then I suggest that you go back and revisit some of the non-wage issues and identify some areas where you can give the company more flexibility so that they can give you more money. This business of wanting to cherry-pick the best features of the corporate world, fractional world, and airline world, is not realistic or sustainable. Buffett and Santulli realize this and are not willing to give in to unrealistic demands that will cripple the company.

FamilyGuy said:
This business of wanting to cherry-pick the best features of the corporate world, fractional world, and airline world, is not realistic or sustainable. Buffett and Santulli realize this and are not willing to give in to unrealistic demands that will cripple the company.

That pretty much sums up the situation. I wouldn't argue that a pay raise is in order but it's not going to come without sacrifices in other areas.

You need to remember that your compensation is the sum of wages, benefits, work rules, schedules, etc. Its already been stated numerous times on this board that NetJets has the best benefits, work rules, schedules....the only place you lag is in wages, and that is only by a couple of grand.

A couple grand? Ummm a couple grand a month. The union and the company are way off on pay. The company wants to increase pay by 300 a month. No thanks.

It's amazing how familyguy, dispatcher and facfriend have been on this message board constantly banging the drum of NJA. What do they really have to add to the fire though? They are looking from the outside in.

h25b even though i might not agree with what he says I still respect his opinion because he's on the road making it happen. The other guys are just paid shills to try and spin spin away.

Diesel said:
h25b even though i might not agree with what he says I still respect his opinion because he's on the road making it happen. The other guys are just paid shills to try and spin spin away.

Diesel,

I have nothing personally against you, I just don't think the setting the place on fire attitude is going to accomplish anything but destroy the company and there's not much evidence to support the notion that a hard core union philosophy is the answer either. It's just a tough position to be in and I can honestly say that the only for sure way to see NBAA wages is to take your years of experience and put it to work at a Fortune 500 NBAA company... There's been a significant amount of hiring lately.

If you come in to INT or GSO PM me and the "spirits" are on me..

Last edited:
I know GSO and INT very well. Used to fly a kingair in and out of there and also down to Littleton. I've also got family at greenville at fountain in.

The burn it down attitude comes out of frustration. 4 years of being promissed just work a little harder, just turn a little quicker and we will make you the richest pilots out there. So here we are. Frustration and anger have built up to a boiling point.

Now the company says thanks for all the hard work. We've grown leaps and bounds and now the company is at risk because we oversold the program and we arent willing to pay you.

That's where the burn down and STMFD comes from.

Some people seem to be missing the point here. The company (NJA) as raised the rates to the owners to provide raises for the crews, have they gotten them? NO!! SO they are just suppose to stand back and say ok to a stinkng 300 a month? When they know that the buck has been passed on to the owners more than once.

It is people like the nay sayers that put this industry in ruins it is in. Oh just be happy to have a job. That's a big pile of BS and you know it. If people do not stand up for what they believe in, we would all be working for minimum wage. I think with the starting wage and hours at NJA they just may be doing that now. Which isn't right.

Just ask yourself how many of the managers are making six figures salaries at NJA? For what? If any of them are like the ones we have at Options. They are not worth half of what they make. They could not find there way out of paper bag if someone did not show them the way.

Also if you are sick of hearing or reading these posts about NJA. Then do even open the thread just pass it by. A little common sense goes a long way.

Unbelievable!!!!!

I have been one to cling to an ounce of hope that management was going to finally come around and treat the pilot force with the respect we deserve for the job we do, I WAS WRONG! Just did some morning reading and I am in shock. This last offer is a bigger slap in the face than the last one. This place will be gone very soon, come get the free type ratings while you can! I know BB will give all the other employees the freshly spun version of their offer, but it only applies to a very small fraction of the pilots, they won't give you the "big picture" of this proposal.

I did a little calculation of seniority, percentiles, etc, and the majority of 5th-year-pay captains will be in the 51-60% range, not the 71-80% the company is trying to spin. Actually, NONE are in that percentile. The 51-60% figure is $69,985. The failed TA was $69,000. Boy, they really want to make a deal, huh?

Latest resources

Back