NetJets Burning

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
disptcher posted:

I would rather you guys just stick around and accept the industry leading pay proposal on the table and get to work on the next contract.

I bet you do! That is your job though, right? Keep banging the drum.

Disptcher failed to mention a comparison between proposed scale and that in use at NJI today....

Until he does I ask him politely to stand aside and let those directly involved to continue discussion...

ghostrider64 said:
Disptcher failed to mention a comparison between proposed scale and that in use at NJI today....

Please clarify what you mean by "a comparison"

Flyjet speed...The company in their email blast to every NJA employee(propaganda) showed how their offer was X% more than various other companies salaries..

Unfortunately they didnt show a comparison to other Berksire hathaway companies IE NJI, EJM and NJE...Of course when that info is released I hope they compare them based on how many days you work a year...But don't hold your breath. they wont be releasing that comparison EVER because how would it look...X% LESS THAN NJI, NJE and EJM...

dsptchrNJA said:
The audacity and desperateness of your quotes just continue to impress.

The company has re-stated it's position that non-bargaining employees will have work to do and no lay-offs would be anticipated. If you decided to STFD you will be closing them only on yourselves. I would rather you guys just stick around and accept the industry leading pay proposal on the table and get to work on the next contract.

It could be worse...

2 major carriers filing bankrupty in one day... if your dreams are dashed by the company not doubling your pay, imagine what it might be like to be like these guys who are facing pay cuts and loss of pensions - that's if they keep their jobs. Grass isn't looking so green any more. Nobody wants it that way - just harsh reality.

Best of luck to you as well, sincerely.

Dude; do you spend every night at home? Are you a pilot. Do you know what it takes to be one?
The Delta and NW guys are 1000 times better off that with the pathetic NJA organisation.
I suggest you find yourself a site for whatever you do (play with computer, yourself,...)

ghostrider64 said:
Flyjet speed...The company in their email blast to every NJA employee(propaganda) showed how their offer was X% more than various other companies salaries..

Unfortunately they didnt show a comparison to other Berksire hathaway companies IE NJI, EJM and NJE...Of course when that info is released I hope they compare them based on how many days you work a year...But don't hold your breath. they wont be releasing that comparison EVER because how would it look...X% LESS THAN NJI, NJE and EJM...

Obviously I do not have access to the E'mail(s) you are refering to. It does seem to me that trying to compare Citation Ultra/Beech 400 pay to GIV/V pay is a lost cause. The owners pay different rates for their shares, why does the company have to pay the same rate for each pilot? This has never made any sense to me. Even within NJA the BBJ folks get a different pay scale, appropriate (I assume) to what the BBJ can earn. Don't get me wromg here I believe you guys should get a better paycheck than you do. Just saying that, in a free market, a Falcon 2000 Pilot is worth X and a BeechJet pilot is worth X minus while a GV pilot is worth X plus. Additionally any attempt to compare NBAA salaries to Frax salaries is also doomed to fail. We both know (at least I certainly do) that this job is nowhere near as large a demand on our time as the average Pt 91 Corporate Job is. From personal experience I would say this job is about 60-70% as demanding on my time as my previous job. Maybe less.

Well the current proposal doesn't differ by fleet. So a Falcon guy will make the same as a 400XP guy...The only fleet that is different is the BBJ...As I said they did not compare us with "any" other of our own companies. Now I would ask several things.

Why should the Gwhiz guys of the same company have a different scale, when I fly internationally as well and I'm not talking about canada and mexico I'm talking everywhere to include long over water trips?

Why would they not compare us to Europe when they fly the same aircraft and are paid differently for every type they fly and they have stricter work rules?

Why on earth would they compare us to what ASA makes? This one really threw me....

flyjetspeed posted:

The owners pay different rates for their shares, why does the company have to pay the same rate for each pilot?

We picked up a G-IV owner the other day. I was talking to the wife and she was telling me they were long time owners.

I asked them how often they flew on NJA planes and they gave me the hundred yard stare...

Husband speaks up and says, well we're with Netjets, they send us any plane we want.

I tightened him up on the breakdown. He understood he owned a Gulfstream share, but was totally out of the loop on the breakdown of the companies.

70% as demanding on my time From personal experience I would say this job is about 60-as my previous job. Maybe less.

This may be true of NJI, but believe me, from personal experience, this is not true of NJA.

All it is...

The "matrix" BS is just another way of disguising pay by weight. They are making the assumption more senior guys will be in the bigger planes etc. What if I don't want the bigger planes? Then I guess I can still get onto the higher pay scale in 30 years or so. Not real happy the matrizx was even given a thought let alone suggested by the union. They can keep their generous 4 percent raise I would be looking at for my "percentile" category.

dsptchrNJA said:
The audacity and desperateness of your quotes just continue to impress.

The company has re-stated it's position that non-bargaining employees will have work to do and no lay-offs would be anticipated.

I REALLY wish you could hear what Bill Boisture says to our union leaders vs what he and NetJets is putting out. He has said many times that NetJets will fail and everyone will be gone unless xyz happens. Now do you honestly think they are going to send out ANY communication that says "hey NetJets employee things are not going well and YOU yes you mr dispatcher, owner services rep, travel dep agent ETC might be out of a job" ah NO!!! Ever hear of someone playing both sides?

Bill Boisture is doing just that. While they send out stuff via the crew ops web no layoff's. The on going joke to us pilots is remember when the US invaded IRAQ? Remember there information officer standing in Bagdad saying "there is no invasion and we are in control all is well" when in fact US forces were on the edge of town. Hello welcome to Bob Ubanks AKA Bridgeway Bob. NetJets is so full of themselves its funny.

I have many friends that work on the floor in Columbus. Whats sad to me is the total disrespect for you and the lies about whats really going on.

Yes the pay offer was that bad. In fact some pilots would under the current proposal take a pay cut vs our current 4 year old CBA. Would you vote for a pay cut? There is so much more to this stroy that I just cant talk about. Seek out a fellow pilot and find out whats really going on. The truth may just shock you.

Latest resources

Back