• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets back to HBA and Gateway?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why all the negativity? Are you a glass half empty guy?

"Sucks" is a relative term and unless you are actually commuting yourself, I don't think your opinion on the subject really counts.

Commuting to this job isn't the best way, but everyone has their own situation and own reasons.

I am optomistic, but have been realistic about the base situation. I have not told anyone that the base system is going away any time soon. However, as we all know, it will be a topic in ongoing and future talks.

If you are thinking about coming to NJA do your research. Know what you are getting into before you accept the job.

I can't believe that a college educated, professional pilot could accept a job without realizing what is really going on. Nor have I had a single PM talking about the company going back to HBAs.

So for those of you getting on my ass about starting and or spreading rumors...
Bite Me! :D

A positive attitude could help. Being bitter and pissed doesn't help anyone. It doesn't matter who it's directed at.

Nobody is being bitter. I'm a realist and using over 7 years of working for this company and 5 years of being in negotiations for a contract that was "right around the corner".

I don't think your opinion on the subject really counts.

Really you think so?

The email also says hurry up and designate your training travel airport! Sounds to me like feelers are being put out to exactly how many dumbaciled crewmembers want HBA.

You don't think that outside crewmembers who are on the fence see this as, "oh its just around the corner" "i can stick it out for a couple of months"

If you really want to ask direct questions about hba's a better portal would be the union weboard where we are talking apples to apples.

I can't believe that a college educated, professional pilot could accept a job without realizing what is really going on.

Happens everyday. Or maybe they take it with blinders on thinking that change is just around the corner due to some post they might have heard from a friend of a friend on some weboard.

You can be optimistic all you want but the reality is it is costing the company money to have domiciles and they are still willing to do that. Once again look at the big picture.

Nobody is being bitter. I'm a realist and using over 7 years of working for this company and 5 years of being in negotiations for a contract that was "right around the corner".

Really you think so?

You don't think that outside crewmembers who are on the fence see this as, "oh its just around the corner" "i can stick it out for a couple of months"

If you really want to ask direct questions about hba's a better portal would be the union weboard where we are talking apples to apples.

Happens everyday. Or maybe they take it with blinders on thinking that change is just around the corner due to some post they might have heard from a friend of a friend on some weboard.

You can be optimistic all you want but the reality is it is costing the company money to have domiciles and they are still willing to do that. Once again look at the big picture.

BINGO!!!

I would also add that if you are a new hire at NJA, don't be shy about contacting you New-Hire Mentor or P2P rep. If you are not sure who to contact, go onto the 1108.org site P2P section and PICK ONE. They have all volunteered for a reason. To HELP.

Really you think so?

Sweetheart, you quote me out of context more than fox news.

As for your opinion...I was talking about commuting, not your years of service. Slow down, read carefully. If you have worked here for 7 years you don't commute. I commuted for years at the airlines and now at NJA. I think people that are faced with commuting would rather hear from someone who is doing it and knows what they are talking about.

You make it sound like I have been intentionally coaxing people to try commuting at NJA. I have said more than once "DO YOUR REASEARCH!", don't try to make me feel resposible for someone elses stupidity. I can't control what people think. I suggest you take that one and pound sand with it.

As for the "BIG PICTURE" why don't you explain it to me. It shouldn't be that hard. I am obviously too stupid to figure it out. With your overwhelming superiority and infinite knowledge, it shouldn't take you long. And with 3500+ posts you obviouslly like to listen to yourself talk.

I think you are pissed at people like me that have made the commute work.
I think you are so jaded and bitter toward the company and the way they treated you pre 2006, that you can't play nice anymore.

I also think that you want us all to quit, sighting the domicile system as the cause. To hell with my career as long as you get what you want. Right? Then you can gloat and say "We told you so!", and you can be Right! That's what it really comes down to. Isn't it?

I have heard first hand accounts about the way it was here a few years ago. I know it was a lot worse than it is now. I sympathize with all the pilots that lived it. But, you (Diesel) still took the job. Is that my fault to?

Come off your perch and have a beer.:beer:

Go ahead and take your shots.

I think I ran into you on my last tour. B!tch, b!tch, b!tch! Not one positive thing to say. What a waste.

I really don't mean to be mean, but get off my ass! I have an opinion. If you don't agree fine. You start telling me what to do and what to think...you can jam it! This ain't my first rodeo. Or second, or third.

Last edited:
As for your opinion...I was talking about commuting, not your years of service. Slow down, read carefully. If you have worked here for 7 years you don't commute.

Maybe not now, but every single personal friend I have who's a NetJets pilot was commuting many hours to a gateway prior to the 2005 contract. I'd say it's possible, and even likely, that Diesel knows all too well what it's like to commute to this job, and under far worse terms than we're dealing with in this CBA and 91K.

I hope you're not this hostile out on the line when someone disagrees with you. :0

I don't bitch at all (besides crew food) I'm very happy here this company has treated me very well over my years of service. We have both learned from each other but many of us learned one thing. The company has no problem wasting money to drag an issue out for years. Its a fact. No bitterness to the company it is a business decision that they choose. I fly the planes, I don't make their business decisions.

You'll find that many pilots have worked here longer than me commuted for longer than I've been here. What defines a commute? Is it a 6 hour drive or is it a 30 minute flight? I used to drive 6hours through the mountains to get to my domicile and then spend the night. Is that a commute? When I was using my other domicile for half the year I was able to spend only 2 hours in the car. This kept me under my 3 hour window. Now remember this was before 91k so you had to be within 3 hours of the domicile.

You're saying I don't know anything about commuting. Ask some of the pilots on this board who commuted on SWA from different cities only to be airlined back to that same city for work. Think that didn't make them scratch their heads?

So where does commuting become commuting. I ended up moving to my domicile so HBA's didn't change anything for me. Should I be fired up and not want HBA's for anyone else? Nope because they are a great benefit. I would love everyone to have them. They don't though and that's just something we have to live with. Just like I can't change the crew food language until the company understands the true value of a fed and healthy pilot.

I think you are pissed at people like me that have made the commute work.
Honestly why would I care? I've got to take a subway to work big deal

I think you are so jaded and bitter toward the company and the way they treated you pre 2006, that you can't play nice anymore.
Can't be farther from the truth. I'd give my left nut right now for this company. My family loves this company. There is NO place I'd rather be. They have treated me better than anybody could imagine. I go above and beyond everyday but I'm a realist. I know the next fight is around the corner in 3 years and counting.

I also think that you want us all to quit, sighting the domicile system as the cause. To hell with my career as long as you get what you want. Right? Then you can gloat and say "We told you so!", and you can be Right! That's what it really comes down to. Isn't it?
Okay you're right I want 500 people to quit, cost the company millions of dollars in type ratings and training just so I can say i'm right. Whew got that off my chest. No i want people to be informed. I want them to understand that I'm not willing to give up one piece of anything for a deal they knew walking in the door. Here's the deal, you buy under an airport you live with the airplane noise. Maybe one day the place will close but why would you buy on the chance it might close.

I have heard first hand accounts about the way it was here a few years ago. I know it was a lot worse than it is now. I sympathize with all the pilots that lived it. But, you still took the job. Is that my fault to?
The job was what it was a few years ago. We all took it. Big deal.

Come off your perch and have a beer.:beer:
Actually i'm running an excavator all day today, beer will come later tonight when the burn pile gets under control.

Go ahead and take your shots.
No need to take shots. I'm just answering your questions open and honestly.

Last edited:
If this is all true then why do you seem to put down everything I have to say?

If I have an opinion about a situation, it is just that my opinion. I am not to blame when some 2500 hour pilot with a hot ATP in his pocket takes the job and is ticked because he can't commute. NOT MY FAULT and NOT MY PROBLEM.

You have no clue what my background is. I would like to think that 20 years of experience would get a little respect. I guess that doesn't count.

I guess I'll have to be here for seven years before people stop slamming me.

Hey CA1900 - Did you think of that one all on your own. Wow, that stings.

Sorry, you failed. I am still glad to be here and very optimistic.

Is the excavator comment supposed to be figurative? So you are on a mission to spread truth and justice through-out flightinfo.com. Whatever.

If you are running a back hoe, be careful. I damn near flipped my 4430 a few weeks ago on a steep hill and wet grass.

Last edited:
Well I broke the thumb off today. No that's not a figurative I literally broke the thumb off the excavator and that ended my brush burning.
I'm not really sure where the hostility you have comes from. This has nothing to do with time at xyz job or abc job. It has to do with people understanding management and that their tactic will not change anytime soon. Each company has their own history.

Nobody is slamming you. I'm just offering a different view on what the company is currently doing by expanding the travel for training. I see it as a short term solution to a long term problem that they've created and they have the keys to fix. Remember it doesn't affect me directly only indirectly but this carrot and stick affects the whole pilot force. Me included.

Different views on the same announcement.

Last edited:
Different views on the same announcement.

Something else to think about. Now that upgrades are going to be running at 5 yrs (or more), its going to get even harder for the company to keep th new-hires.

( Thats right, we had 2 captain bids filled today, but only one was a true upgrade. Settle in for a long road to the left seat).

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back