Netjets back to HBA and Gateway?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HSC for me all the way every day.

I only wished everyone "got it" Im sure you have seen the responses on the message board of how people were working their little brain cells overtime to help out this company in need. People, please take the blinders off and wake up!

You save 500 bucks on fuel and the company screws you over a 10 dollar crew meal?

Where is the math in that?

You know...I think that the HBA situation is really a bargaining chip for us more than for the company. I may be wrong, and I probably am, but I have followed the price differences in tickets, and other money the company has blown beacuse of the base system on me and have realized a substantial cost savings if they let me fly out of my home. I think the company knows the amount of money they are loosing and may want HBA more than we do.

Really not trying to put a spin on it. Just staying positive. Savings is savings. Hopefully, everyone will see it sooner or later.

Hey Deisel, what happened to that guy that they paid to stay home? How long did that go on?

2 years +.

They paid him to make sure he stayed away.

captain dad said:
I am just wondering if the slow down is due to A/C deliveries, lack of new owners, industry saturation, or maybe people are just buying thier own airplanes.

Yes, yes, yes............ and yes.

But dont worry, if the majors crank up in the next 2 years, all the 35 and under crowd will run like Ethiopeans to get in line. You"ll get your upgrade.

When I did IOE at NJs, my IOE guy taught me a couple of important phrases that will get me thru each week.

1. Ice, coffee and papers.

2. Who cares?

The second one works for not only this job, but life in general.

Anytime you see something that could be done better.....who cares?
Anytime the company wates money....who cares?
Anytime anyone bitches or complains...who cares?
Anytime you get worked up over something....who cares?

All you/we can do as pilots for NJs, is do our best to do our jobs. This means, get to the airport on time, get the plane ready for the pax......everything else...who cares?

It sure keeps the stress level down.

And like you, I am in it for the long haul. As you have seen first hand, money is of no concern.

You should care!! Because the money that's being wasted every day is money that won't show up as "profits" to the shareholders. If the company reports $250 million in profits as opposed to $143 million, then don't you think that the pilots have more leverage for a larger raise? The fact that they waste so much money could affect all of us.
I understand that "creative accounting" may rear its ugly head again in 3 years. Meantime, we should care about big wastes of money. I do agree that you shouldn't get your panties in a wad over it. But if you see something egregious, fill out a waste report.

Doesn't even have to be "egregious." The company wastes a hundred here, two hundred there, and over 2600 pilots, it really begins to add up.

Latest resources

Back