Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

kjwilliams

Guys:

I just received an application from NETJETS and have a great friend in the company that is helping me out here. Inside the package, I found a note that told me to return it at the end of Jan. 03. What can I expect from this? Do I have a good chance with letters of rec.? I am flying corporate and 135 and I am typed in a c650 and current with my 8410 part 135 pic. I have appx. 2750 hours and of that about 650 are multi. Any pointers in getting on the NETJETS team will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

NJA

Sorry no pointers, just envy. I applied online and all I got back was the auto reply stating that they have way too many apllicants on file and they're not planning on sending out apps until '03. But I can update in 3 months if I like.

Good Luck!!

Rice :cool:

Griz,

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I just got the app about a month ago with a note posted on it that instructed me to mail it in at the end of Jan. I have a very good mentor over there that is helping me out. I am still flying the c650 and getting that valuable turbine time in both 91 and 135 settings, depending on what trips we are flying. I hope to get in over there, as NETJETS has been the goal all along. I should have at least 300 hours of turbine time by then and around 3000 total with about 900 to 1000 of multi by then. I know the market is tough and I am just praying that NETJETS keeps going at the pace that it is right now. Well, thanks again for the comments. Any pointers are greatly appreciated.

KJW

kjwilliams said:
I know the market is tough and I am just praying that NETJETS keeps going at the pace that it is right now. Well, thanks again for the comments. Any pointers are greatly appreciated. KJW

kjwilliams,
A letter of rec from your friend here is golden. The latest estimate for 2003 pilot hiring is approx 400. Aircraft deliveries are continuing.

NJA Capt

What are the chances of getting an app/interview if you don't know anyone at NJA? I've got the times, a good work ethic, and believe in the NJA business plan but it seems that I'm way behind the curve in the who you know area. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rice :cool:

Congrats!

Is it "at" or "by the end" of Jan? The best is if your friend hand carries it. His letter of recommendation and personal involvement is invaluable.
They are dating the apps. since some slick dudes held on to them for a long time, sold them, give them to their buddies, and any of the combination of any scams you can imagine. (This is from the horses mouth) I would not be surprised if they are or would in the future code them person specific, like some airlines.
Also it is hard to manage the flood of resumes and apps., so they try to space them out a little, so not a bunch of hopefuls waiting a year or more for interviews. I believe, it will make the process and the waiting time more predictable to everyone.
Good luck to you, it is a great company!

Rice,

Knowing someone will definately help. If you meet someone on the road be honest and sincere and maybe they will help. As for your app/resume, send something in. Make sure it is clean and crisp. No fancy bullsh!t just times, work experience etc. We are getting tons of resumes a day and alot of them come in on different colored paper or have categories like hobbies or things of that nature. Get straight to the point and they will send you something. Trust me, Derinda can see if you have a good work ethic and good times. She is very good at interviewing the rigth people. If you are what you say you are then dont worry.

Latest resources

Back