Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets application accepted to interview time.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My app was received on Dec 3rd 2007. App accepted Jan 2 2008. Now just waiting to hear. No LOR. Looks like the wait might be longer than normal now that the flood gates are open.

Well, I just got the interview invite for various dates in JAN up in CMH. Does anyone know if you can 'rent' some time on that Citation II sim over at Flight Safety?

Go to this website and purchase this Citation II add on for MS Flight Sim 04/X.

http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/CitationII.htm

Then click on this link to look at the ILS 1 at KILG.

http://204.108.4.16/d-tpp/0712/00458IL1.PDF

Set the weather to mins and set up your freqs and altitudes/bugs etc. and save it as NetJets interview or something.

Now you can come back and practice over and over for the sim eval. I have talked to a couple of guys who have used this method. Get a good joystick or yoke for realism. The scan is what's really important though in the end and of course holding altitude etc.

This is from one of the recent gouges on aviation interviews

"The sim was a published earlier. No changes. Takeoff RWY 1 at ILG, climb to 4000 with turns left and turn right in the climb. Climb to 6000. Steep turn left and right. Cleared direct HADIN, we both had a direct entry. Descend in hold from 6000 to 4000 to 2000. Cleared for ILS 1. Evaluation stops when you break out. No tricks, no emergencies. Can you fly basic instruments. You are allowed the sim profile in the sim. FO can make any power adjustments requested except during the steep turns. The sim is a sim. The roll sensitivity was a little more then expected. I flew the new Microsoft based X plane sim two days before on a KA200 and nailed the sim 95% after being on glass for two years."

Basic airwork, NDB hold entry, stepdowns in hold, and an ILS to boot as well as heavy emphasis on CRM seem to be the main elements. Remember you are being evaluated when in the right seat as well. It's just as important if not more.

Anyway, hope this helps. This is how I am prepping for that part of the interview. Good luck!

Thanks for the tip!

The Citation II non motion sim you fly in the interview is quite a bit different than the flightsim Citation II you recommended buying, a waste of money. Fly the default king air that's all you need, don't waste your money on that citation. Spend the 30 bucks on a half hour in a frasca 142, that's basically how the NJA interview sim flys, if you can fly a frasca you'll have no problem in the NJA sim.

Last edited:
I am not going to say that going outside for any sim practice is a waste of money. I had not flown steam guages in 8 years and had not flown an airplane in neary 5 weeks before the sim check and I thought it was pretty easy......

Just have a good scan and exercise some good CRM and you should be ok. Go over the profile the night before and do a mock run a couple of times with your partner before the sim.

i bought a couple of hours in a frasca like sim at airinc in atl.. it is really ms flight sim on steroids.... i really did not learn anything, but it did build a ton of confidence in my ability to fly a computer program... I think I paid 300 bucks for 3 hours... (plus they answer alot of questions you might have on HR and Tech stuff...

The Citation II non motion sim you fly in the interview is quite a bit different than the flightsim Citation II you recommended buying, a waste of money. Fly the default king air that's all you need, don't waste your money on that citation. Spend the 30 bucks on a half hour in a frasca 142, that's basically how the NJA interview sim flys, if you can fly a frasca you'll have no problem in the NJA sim.

Have you personally used the software?

I have a buddy that has access to a Frasca Sim so I may try that. It is configured as a Seminole, but I guess it is better than nothing.

Im kind of curious as to why and how they have changed the interview process. The first few reports back will be interesting.

Latest resources

Back