Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets application accepted to interview time.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Go to this website and purchase this Citation II add on for MS Flight Sim 04/X.

http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/CitationII.htm

Then click on this link to look at the ILS 1 at KILG.

http://204.108.4.16/d-tpp/0712/00458IL1.PDF

Set the weather to mins and set up your freqs and altitudes/bugs etc. and save it as NetJets interview or something.

Now you can come back and practice over and over for the sim eval. I have talked to a couple of guys who have used this method. Get a good joystick or yoke for realism. The scan is what's really important though in the end and of course holding altitude etc.

This is from one of the recent gouges on aviation interviews

"The sim was a published earlier. No changes. Takeoff RWY 1 at ILG, climb to 4000 with turns left and turn right in the climb. Climb to 6000. Steep turn left and right. Cleared direct HADIN, we both had a direct entry. Descend in hold from 6000 to 4000 to 2000. Cleared for ILS 1. Evaluation stops when you break out. No tricks, no emergencies. Can you fly basic instruments. You are allowed the sim profile in the sim. FO can make any power adjustments requested except during the steep turns. The sim is a sim. The roll sensitivity was a little more then expected. I flew the new Microsoft based X plane sim two days before on a KA200 and nailed the sim 95% after being on glass for two years."

Basic airwork, NDB hold entry, stepdowns in hold, and an ILS to boot as well as heavy emphasis on CRM seem to be the main elements. Remember you are being evaluated when in the right seat as well. It's just as important if not more.

Anyway, hope this helps. This is how I am prepping for that part of the interview. Good luck!
I spent the money and did the Microsoft flight sim and eagle soft Citation II deal. I flew the profile about a hundred times and changed up the hold entry each time. I felt good leaving the sim. I nailed the airwork and know I didn't bust any mins or regs. I liked the software because by using it I knew exactly where to look for the information I needed. It was a comfort thing and really made it less stressful. The FO side of the sim is glass and the heading bugs are seperate. They want to see teamwork not screw your buddy. Talk out calls and procedures ahead of time and use your non-flying pilot for everything you can. They give you the option to fly from either side or at least they did when I went through.

I got the job and sold the yoke, and software on ebay. I didn't lose a dime. Did it help? Hell yea!

The sim they use is a pile and can be touchy from day to day. Just pay attention and don't take your eyes off the panel for a second.

If you do go second and do get a chance to land they will tell you it doesn't count towards your interview. Don't relax because of that. Yea OK. Put it on and keep it in the middle until you set the brakes. Then you can relax. Brownie points and shows character to not quit just because you can.

Good Luck

Last edited:
Well there you go. I am using a Saitek X-52 joystick and throttle combo which is a little bass ackwards because of the left hand throttle right hand stick thing. Do you think it would be worth it to buy the yoke? Which one did you get?

By the way, this software's only downfall is that the VSI is a little off. It acts more like an IVSI and can throw you off a little bit. I don't think it is entirely accurate either. I tested a 3 degree glideslope at 120kts which should be 600 fpm and it wasn't accurate. Other than that it is quite good.

Well there you go. I am using a Saitek X-52 joystick and throttle combo which is a little bass ackwards because of the left hand throttle right hand stick thing. Do you think it would be worth it to buy the yoke? Which one did you get?

By the way, this software's only downfall is that the VSI is a little off. It acts more like an IVSI and can throw you off a little bit. I don't think it is entirely accurate either. I tested a 3 degree glideslope at 120kts which should be 600 fpm and it wasn't accurate. Other than that it is quite good.

I used a Joystick with a throttle built it. Also right had stick and left thumb throttle. I don't think it will make enough difference to justify buying the yoke. The main thing is getting used to the cockpit setup and scan, especially if you haven't flown steam gauges in a while...

Latest resources

Back