Netjets Ain Article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Diesel said:
I was just pointing out that signature boston is going to have trouble fueling us. None of the fuelers will do it.

Of course i'll be enjoying my summer off. 3 months on bidable vacation. Looking forward to it.

Interesting angle I hadn't thought of. How would your shutdown affect the fuelers that you use most. 500 planes flying over 1,000 hours each per year. Let's see, 500,000 hours at an average of about 400 gph. Yikes! That's 200,000,000 gallons! Signature would be crying their eyes out (especially since all the rest of us avoid putting one gallon of Signature fuel in our tanks).

Enjoy your vacation, Diesel. Send us a post card from somewhere with palm trees.

Ace

Diesel said:
FLY FLY FLY must have just watched the movie hoffa. Way to go bud.

Just remember that IF we go on strike it's not just the pilots not showing up to work. It's the supplies from every trucker in the country. It's the overnight packages for parts on UPS. The list goes on and on.

Oh yeah and I forgot places like signature boston will all of a sudden have a lapse of memory on who needs to be fueled out on the ramp.

I'm sure catyaak and publishers will chime in here with their mindless dribble.

Actually, with all the arbitrary scablist threats being slung around by your group at others who might merely be assigned trips with someone who owns a share in one of your airplanes......

.....I was just pondering what the scab-status would be of NetJets pilots who now provide supplemental lift to corporate flight departments. I mean, you and your brothers are flying those Companies' personnel on the same types of aircraft, but you're doing it for far less pay, and for far fewer employee benefits than the Company pilots. And it must make you Teamsters extra proud when some well-paid positions have gone away so you could fly the same people for chump change. Could be you did this when the in-house pilots were asking for raises too, undercutting them.

Gee, if only they had union protections against such....oh silly me, I was forgetting....you ARE the union!

Hmmm...well nevertheless, that sounds pretty scab-like to me...close enough for the non-union corporate world anyway. And I'm certainly not alone if you begin hassling Charter guys who're just doing their job for someone you erroneously think has to ride with you or no-one else. Life is tough enough for them without your sophmoric thuggery. Word travels easily, and although there's no official "list" the aviation world is small. I can already hear those resumes hitting wastebaskets far and wide.

The only question is, just how far will you take your self-destruction? I must admit that even though this strike blabber was predictable, it's still facinating to watch, not unlike watching a car speeding towards a cliff.

Last edited:
Cat Yaak

Keep in mind that most of the NJA posts here are from the disgruntled 250, that are gonna bitch regardless, even if they received $125k by year 6.

However, my concern is that the company is gonna take us in a direction in where we will become the Walmart of fractionals, if we haven't reached it already? I was chatting with a Marquis salesman during one of my 13.45 hr sits at the FBO, and he told me that they've been instructed to "sell the sh*it out of the program and don't worry about having enough airplanes". Wow... the ole' churn and burn mentality. For those of us who came here because we were sick and tired of airline mis-management and all the nonsense associated with it; this place is beginning to have the same look & feel.

I respect the new SU group for the work they've done and for having the balls to re-call the last group of malingerers and booting the teamsters CMH local, but I dont think picketting in front of an FBO is the answer to getting the owners on our side. This may be exactly what management wants us to do so they can then go to the owners and say, "Do you see what we have to deal with"? Informational picketting at an FBO will make our group look cheap and only embarrass us in front of the corporate world.

Tripacer.....we are already an embarrassemnt in the corporate world....even amongst the other fractional.

Informational picketting is just that....letting owners know our side of the story....what's wrong with that? Many of them have no clue as to what is really going on here. Its about time we change that.

I personally heard an owner refer to us as the WalMart of aviation....

Go SU!!!!!!...they have my 1000% support.

Cat Yaak

I actually agree with much of what you have written here, but you a missing an important point: if you support higher wages, you have to agree that the effective way to do this is with an industry-wide response.

Okay, last week we closed down another flight department somewhere because we undercut a small group of pilots...well how are you helping the situation by promoting scab uplift during a dispute?

The only way to make Netjets "fair", is to allow flight departments to compete on an even footing by ensuring that we are not undercutting them on sweatshop salaries.

Help us...to help you!

Last edited:
When the fuel manager at Boston signature has to do his yearly training he must go to bedford because only union employees are allowed to touch the fuel trucks. Just an interesting point.

I think i'm going on vacation to the pine tree state. I heard it's nice up there.

No question about it..the much debated pilot shortage is looming in
China, Malaysia, Indonesia, India and most parts of Africa. Within three years it'll be here too. Air traffic is forecast to double by the end the decade. We really have to clean this T/A up now!

Diesel said:
FLY FLY FLY must have just watched the movie hoffa. Way to go bud.

Just remember that IF we go on strike it's not just the pilots not showing up to work. It's the supplies from every trucker in the country. It's the overnight packages for parts on UPS. The list goes on and on.

Oh yeah and I forgot places like signature boston will all of a sudden have a lapse of memory on who needs to be fueled out on the ramp.

I'm sure catyaak and publishers will chime in here with their mindless dribble.

Boy has someone sold you a load of goods. Do you REALLY think that every Teamsters trucker is going to park his truck when the pilots go on strike.

This will keep me laughing all day.

jesus i'll go slower for you this time.

No teamster is going to cross an active picket line. PERIOD

So Diesil...what EXACTLY do you mean?....What is it that you are trying to say???? Stop speaking in riddles and just spit it out!!!!!

Latest resources

Back