• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Ad

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
C'mon, it's still a good job, just not a perfect one.
Does the perfect job exist? NJ is a fantastic job! The 25,000 applications that are going to be filed, indicate how fantastic it is compared to the rest of the 135 jet world.

BTW: Yes I know NJ as BBJ's, but most people fly 135 type jets at NJ

Last edited:
I don't think anyone disputes how badly things have deteriorated. Crew meals, vacations & hotels points still beat getting shot at and a pay check and health insurance are better than being furloughed.

My point is that current conditions can't continue indefinitely. If NJ weren't under the BRK umbrella, Jim Cramer would have JH on the CEO wall of shame, and he'd be looking to spend more time with the kids on his Christmas card. I know it's all speculation, but JH has unified the union like no one else could have. I just don't see him making it to the end of mediation.

Vote for Pedro! ��

Does the perfect job exist? NJ is a fantastic job!

You don't work here, and no furloughed NJA pilot who works at your company has been here under this leadership. You honestly have no idea what kind of job this is nowadays. Your reference to the BBJ makes that plainly obvious.

There are a lot of exaggerations in this post. Which company did you say you fly for? I had 22 jobs before this one, and NJA is the best run, the most safe, and the most stable. It's just not perfect. Hansell needs to go, the lawyers and accountants who think they know how to run things are hurting the company, but things are good compared to the real world. However, for FOs, this is not a career destination.
When you say these bad things, to which company are you comparing NJA?

I work for NJA. I've been here 18 years. Never seen it this bad. And the absurd policies keep coming out almost weekly now.

There are no exaggerations in my post. Are you not keeping up with what's going on? Have you not read the new policy manual? Have you spoken with anyone who's been to recurrent recently? Taken the time to speak to a SOD and find out what games the company has been playing?

Everything in my post is going on RIGHT NOW. And by the way, my post was only a short list of all the new crap. I don't feel like typing out ALL the stupidity coming from the top these days aimed at making our QOL miserable.

Since this job is so great, I'd appreciate it if you'd point out which parts in my post are exaggerations.

The truth is, the stuff going on right now is so surreal that when it's put in a post like I made it appears to be hyperbole and exaggeration. It's hard to accept that this stuff is actually happening like that.

This job was "not perfect" for the first 14 years I was here. Since Sokol/Hansell came in, it's been continually deteriorating.

Tell you what Mr. Rose-colored glasses, why don't you give an example of ONE policy change in the past four years that has made this job BETTER for us. Come on, just one.

As to comparing to other jobs, yes it's better than some and worse than others. The problem here is that you cant seem to see that our trajectory is towards becoming one of those crappy jobs. We have contractual protections, bt guess what! Even those are being violated by new policy. This is, in fact, illegal for the company to do, but it's going to take some time to straighten it out. Meanwhile, you have to comply with the new policies which are temporarliy negating our CBA. I won't comment on a public board about our maintenance practices and safety culture over the past four years, but it's obvious you aren't paying attention.

Is money here better than most 135 operators? Sure! But that's meaningless. A pay comparison, for example, to NBAA averages for aircraft type and seat is not valid. RTS tried that once and got his a** handed to him by our negotiators on that one. Because with pay, you also have to compare NBAA averages for number of days worked every month and number of duty hours in each day worked. Funny, when the FULL comparison was made RTS backed way the hell off from it because it showed we were WAY undercompensated for our jobs.

As for the fellow who said at least we're not being shot at, all I can say is what?! What does that have to do with anything? I'm not in the military or law enforcement so OF COURSE I don't expect to be shot at! It has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on how good or bad this job is because the possibility of being shot at was never part of the job. Yeesh! Where do some of you guys come up with this stuff? Oh and by the way, while no one is shooting at me, I'm sitting at an altitude that tremendously increases the amount of radiation I'm absorbing, thereby greatly increasing my chances of cancer. So there you go. A huge danger factor for us if that makes you feel better.

I'm done. Some folks will never get it. But thanks G4 for proving my point that you're like a woman who thinks her second husband is great because he doesn't beat her as much as her previous husband. Hey, NJA isn't THAT guy, so its a great job!

And yes, JH and his minions need to go.

C'mon, it's still a good job, just not a perfect one.

It was a good job in 2007ish. It turned into just another 135 crap job under Sokol and Hansell. In today's pilot hiring environment, it is what I would consider a transition job on your way to a good career destination.

Does the perfect job exist? NJ is a fantastic job! The 25,000 applications that are going to be filed, indicate how fantastic it is compared to the rest of the 135 jet world.

BTW: Yes I know NJ as BBJ's, but most people fly 135 type jets at NJ

Really? A fantastic job ? Compared to what ? Flipping burgers at MCD's?

Your standards are so low. You truly have a bottom feeders mentality.

This job might be the cats meow for a newly minted CFI who is looking to build time. It might be awesome for someone with no fixed wing time. It might be incredible for someone coming from a twenty five day a month on demand sweat shop. It definitely is not a " Good job " for a final career destination at this point in time.

Really? A fantastic job ? Compared to what ? Flipping burgers at MCD's?

Your standards are so low. You truly have a bottom feeders mentality.

This job might be the cats meow for a newly minted CFI who is looking to build time. It might be awesome for someone with no fixed wing time. It might be incredible for someone coming from a twenty five day a month on demand sweat shop. It definitely is not a " Good job " for a final career destination at this point in time.
As I said above, the 10's of 1,000's of applications coming in prove it is a top of the latter job.

Last edited:
As I said above, the 10's of 1,000's of applications coming in prove it is a top of the latter job. Nice professional touch judging someone else.

I remember when I was at the commuters we had thousands of applications coming in too. Were the commuters so great?

Latest resources

Back