Netjets 1st year pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A newhire on the 7&7, should look like this:

You will be on the 18 day schedule the 1st 4 months, base $69000. = $23000.

7&7 next 8 months, Base $57000. = $38000.

Holiday pay, daily rate (base divided by 26 divided by 7) x 1.5 = $470., say u work 4 = $1880.

Overtime, hourly rate (daily rate divided by 12) x 1.5 = $39. hr, about 5 hrs per tour = $2700. for 8 months, in training the first 3 or 4 months.

Not back at your base airport by midnight on your 7th day, 2 extended days (3 x daily rate) = $940., plan on at least one = 940.

Total first yr $66,500.

401k match is .50 per 1.00 up to 15% of gross, so add another $5000., $71,500. your 1st yr. if you put 15% into 401k.

For the following years, base salary plus 12% will be close to gross.

Nice post Redeye1. Can a new hire stay on the 18 day schedule after IOE?

I think only a few captains in one fleet were the only ones who were unable to hold the 18 day schedule when they wanted it. I would guess every new hire will be able to hold it on a bid if that is what they want to stay on after training.

401k match is .50 per 1.00 up to 15% of gross, so add another $5000., $71,500. your 1st yr. if you put 15% into 401k.
This is one area most people only get partly right. The company will match 50% of what you contribute, up to the federal max ($15,500 this year). As an example, if you made $62,000 for the year, and had 25% set as your 401k contribution, your contribution would be $15,500 and the match from the company at the end of the year would be 50% of that. However, each pay period the company would only match 50% of the first 15% you contributed. The rest would be applied as a "catch up" contribution in January of the next year.

So even as a new hire, you can take advantage of the company's contribution up to the federal max, not just 15% of your pay.

Holiday pay, daily rate (base divided by 26 divided by 7) x 1.5 = $470., say u work 4 = $1880.

Overtime, hourly rate (daily rate divided by 12) x 1.5 = $39. hr, about 5 hrs per tour = $2700. for 8 months, in training the first 3 or 4 months.

I just wanted to add in my .02 here for people trying to calculate what they are going to make. Plan on trying to get by on just your base pay, and not much more. If you get more than that, then great. What RedEye has posted above is true for the vast majority of the pilots here, but there are exceptions.

For example, this year so far (6 pay periods), I have a TOTAL of 4 hours of overtime, and 0 paid holidays (including upcoming Good Friday and Easter). That is due to the a shift in my schedule for training, and the 7&7 line that I'm on (I think I'm going to get paid for 2 or 3 holidays this year, barring another schedule shift), but it does happen.

With the new contract, overtime seems to be decreasing steadily. I'm not complaining; I prefer to be at home more and work less, but some guys want the $$$$$$.

Good Luck!

Agree. I attain very little overtime. Usually, just on the last day going home. Last tour was 13:50 of duty on go home day. I always start at 8:00 or later on day one and since the fleet I am in doesn't do much flying, (77 hours for 2008) there is lots of sitting in the FBO's. It took a long time for me to get used to it, but I finally beat it into my head that we get paid to be available, not to actually fly.

Nice post Redeye1. Can a new hire stay on the 18 day schedule after IOE?

Am I on your ignore list or something?

Please re-read my earlier posts. This and all your other questions have been answered in detail.

For what it is worth, I am a second year FO based in Tucson. I started at 39k in 09/06. I am on the 18day schedule by choice and really enjoy it. I have had about 5 past midnight returns since Jan and have hit all the holidays. With OT and the extra overnights, I will have grossed $26k by end of March. That is just over $104k a year at the current rate..(which I know will not sustain). So, quite a leap from 39k 6 months ago. (almost a 65k raise). This does NOT include any per diem which has been about 650-700 a month on 18day. I just picked up tomorrow (extra $994..holiday plus extra day) and also sat..($497)..so, almost an additional 1500.

An FO on the 18day will start at about 100k in year 2013...year one. just an FYI.

So, this can be a very rewarding job even at year 2 provided you get a few lucky OT and past midnight returns. Not sure about how others are doing but since this new IBB they seem to be working us more on last day so, you have a better chance of getting home late or busting the 14hr rule. Works for me..:)

Great pay, awesome guys/gals to work with, fun on the job, new exciting places, free health insureance, free meals (4 a day), tip reimbursement, tons of airline and hotel points, FBO extras (cash and savings bonds..etc..), free uniforms and good allowance, no more jumpseating to work, 100 options on where you can live,..oh, and sleeping in the same house as the worlds richest man.....hmmm, now who wants to work for an airline??

Last edited:
I am on the 15 day and on the X. My checks every two weeks are between 1800-2000 as a first year FO.

I usually get OT on day 1 and not much else. Last tour I got 10 hours of OT on day 1, some pre-8, some greater than 9, and some standby penalties to the company. That is certainly the exception.

Grump correct me if I am wrong, but the company only matches 50% of the 15% of the $62,000. You have to earn $100,000 to get a match on the $15,500

For what it is worth, I am a second year FO based in Tucson. I started at 39k in 09/06. I am on the 18day schedule by choice and really enjoy it. I have had about 5 past midnight returns since Jan and have hit all the holidays. With OT and the extra overnights, I will have grossed $26k by end of March. That is just over $104k a year at the current rate..(which I know will not sustain). So, quite a leap from 39k 6 months ago. (almost a 65k raise). This does NOT include any per diem which has been about 650-700 a month on 18day. I just picked up tomorrow (extra $994..holiday plus extra day) and also sat..($497)..so, almost an additional 1500.

An FO on the 18day will start at about 100k in year 2013...year one. just an FYI.

So, this can be a very rewarding job even at year 2 provided you get a few lucky OT and past midnight returns. Not sure about how others are doing but since this new IBB they seem to be working us more on last day so, you have a better chance of getting home late or busting the 14hr rule. Works for me..:)

Great pay, awesome guys/gals to work with, fun on the job, new exciting places, free health insureance, free meals (4 a day), tip reimbursement, tons of airline and hotel points, FBO extras (cash and savings bonds..etc..), free uniforms and good allowance, no more jumpseating to work, 100 options on where you can live,..oh, and sleeping in the same house as the worlds richest man.....hmmm, now who wants to work for an airline??

Of course it helps that you are on a busy fleet like the Citation X fleet in terms of getting OT. The XL/XLS and Sovereign fleets are also very busy I am told. Compare that to the Encore/Ultra or Beechjet fleets where you will be lucky to get any OT at all. I have a friend on the Encore fleet out of TEB and he sits around a lot of the time - he's planning to bid Sovereign FO when he gets a chance in order to get more OT. Your fleet type matters if OT is important to you.

Latest resources

Back