Netjets 1st year pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

IFLYASA

For the 1st year guys/gals, what is your average "take home" pay in the first year. I know this will vary depending 401k/dependents/etc...I assume you get a normal check, then another check with per diem and extras

Thanks!

For the 1st year guys/gals, what is your average "take home" pay in the first year. I know this will vary depending 401k/dependents/etc...I assume you get a normal check, then another check with per diem and extras

Per-diem and expenses are handled completely separately, and by a separate department. A 7-day tour, of maybe 150 hours at work, will get you $255 in per-diem. 26 of those is $6630. This assumes all domestic trips at $1.70 an hour. International is $2.50 an hour.

I don't consider per-diem to be part of my income, so it won't be included in the pay information below. Treat it like gravy. If you have some left over at the end of the week (and with crew meals, you surely will), use it for something fun. ;)

First year 7/7 salary is $56,875. Once you're done with training, you'll be on that unless you bid for one of the other schedules, but let's assume you'll go to 7/7 when you can. When you're in training, you'll be at the 18-day pay, so let's assume 3 months' worth of that, to get done with IOE and such. So 3 months at $69,188/yr, and 9 months at $56,875, get you $59,953, plus health, dental, and medical at a $0 premium.

Historically, folks have been able to plan on about 10% more than this for overtime, holidays, extended days, etc. Since our new schedules are a little more efficient in the use of crews, I'd probably put that number at about 5%.

Which schedule programs are going senior and which are going junior?

Is hiring still going strong?

What is the break down on the pilot pool that were hired recently?

Sounds good CA1900. I'm trying to get an idea of take home monthly pay for the first year. Anyone out there still in their first year with the 18 day pay schedule?

If you run a search, all of this info has already been discussed at length. Here's how the schedule works.

The default schedule is the 7&7. 7 on. 7 off. If you do not bid, this is what you get. The base salary is $56,875.

The company MAY CHOOSE to put as much as 10% of the pilots in fleet/seat on the 15 day flex schedule. If you want this schedule, you have to bid for it and it is the ONLY schedule you could get junior manned to. On this schedule You do not have scheduled days off the month prior. The maximum tour length is 5 days with a mandatory 3 days off after ANY LENGTH of duty. So if they call you out to repo a plane on the field, and release you then you get 3 days off. (That will never happen BTW). Maximum work days in a month are 15. There is a 10% premium in pay over the 7&7. Base salary is $62,563.

The 18 day fixed schedule is another one you have to bid for. A maximum of 40% of your fleet/seat can hold the 18 day. A preferential bidding system is scheduled to be in place to give the company preferences as to specific days off, tour lengths, and whether you want the tours to be weighted toward the beginning or end of the month. You have to put in your preferences for your schedule the month prior to the award. For example, the awards are always posted on the 15th of the month prior, so the awards for March would be posted February 15. Your preference needs to be submitted by January 31 for March schedule. When you START IOE, you will be placed on the 18 day as a better opportunity for the company to pair you up with an IP. A maximum of 10% of the pilot in fleet/seat may leave the 18 day fixed in a given bid period. There is a 20% premium over the 7&7. The base salary for the 18 day is $69,188.

FWIW, I'm in the bottom 5% in my fleet, and I am on the 18 day. In your first year, you will probably be able to hold everything you want except for the 15 day. It's not that it is a senior schedule, it's just that there is only a 10% MAX that is allowed on it. The seniority on this schedule has a pretty wide spread.

Which schedule programs are going senior and which are going junior? Read above

Is hiring still going strong? We will be conducting interviews every day in April. We have only been recommending 35% of the applicants for hiring. Have you game face on if you want in. ;)

What is the break down on the pilot pool that were hired recently? 50% 121, 50% 135, 50% Military, 50% 91. Honestly, this doesn't matter. If you meet the minimums (which can be found on www.netjets.com); the break down is those with a good sense of safety and EXCELLENT customer service skills get hired. (35%). Those who don't get to reapply (65%).

I hope all this helps.

Before you even ask, there are 100 crew bases spread throughout the country. Use the search function to find them. You don't have to bid for it. You tell the company which one you choose. This is where you begin and end you tour. You may change you crew base every 30 days.

Sounds good CA1900. I'm trying to get an idea of take home monthly pay for the first year. Anyone out there still in their first year with the 18 day pay schedule?

Second year 18 day is about $2100 bi-weekly after taxes without o/t hloliday, perdiem... First year is probable close to that. My guess would be around $2000 take home.

Second year 18 day is about $2100 bi-weekly after taxes without o/t hloliday, perdiem... First year is probable close to that. My guess would be around $2000 take home.

Willy, that's what I'm looking for. For example, I'm 9th year payscale at ASA. 98.5 hours with per diem, 10% 401k, and 0 dependents, gives me around $4700 a month take home. I've done all the research but just neded some hard numbers. Nobody beats first year like Netjets. Amazing.

If you are saying roughly $2000 bi-weekly, not counting per diem, that's right at my pay on a good month. Absolutely amazing. Does this include a 401k percentage?

That is no 401K and filing as a single, non-married with out kids. Just a ball park number. That is as low as it gets. There have been checks closer to 3500 with o/t, after midnight and holidays. Sucks to get home afte midnight until pay-day comes around.

98.5 hours, ouch. I think I have not flown 50 hours in the past 2 months.

Latest resources

Back