• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets 1st year pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As a new guy, do whatever it takes to max out the 401k of $15,500 for the year. The company will match through out the year, with a true-up at the end of the year. Without going into details, the end result is a company match of $7,750 into your 401k. I used savings to live on, to get that match while supplementing my check with a part-time job. This was prior to the new contract. IBB was a blessing and now I don't work quite as hard. I hope a little hard work now, pays off with a good retirement....

That is no 401K and filing as a single, non-married with out kids. Just a ball park number. That is as low as it gets. There have been checks closer to 3500 with o/t, after midnight and holidays. Sucks to get home afte midnight until pay-day comes around.

98.5 hours, ouch. I think I have not flown 50 hours in the past 2 months.

Actually that's 98.5 credited, and around 85 hours flown. My numbers are married, no kids, 10% 401K, and insurance for me and my wife. $3500!! Wow. Maybe ond day I'll be a Nejetter..

As a new guy, do whatever it takes to max out the 401k of $15,500 for the year. The company will match through out the year, with a true-up at the end of the year. Without going into details, the end result is a company match of $7,750 into your 401k. I used savings to live on, to get that match while supplementing my check with a part-time job. This was prior to the new contract. IBB was a blessing and now I don't work quite as hard. I hope a little hard work now, pays off with a good retirement....
Right on T-1 guy. That is very smart investing. Good for you.

...18 day fixed ...There is a 20% premium over the 7&7.
Not exactly. 1st yr FO 7&7 daily rate is $312.50. 18-day daily rate is $320.31, or a 2.5% premium over the normal 7&7 daily rate.

Another way to look at it would be to look at the daily rate for the extra 2.8 days/month above the normal 7&7 rate and days, or $362.15. A 15.9% premium for just those extra days.

This is one of the biggest letdowns from the IBB. The company wanted the 18-day. We should have gotten extended-day rate for those extra 34 days a year.

Willy, that's what I'm looking for. For example, I'm 9th year payscale at ASA. 98.5 hours with per diem, 10% 401k, and 0 dependents, gives me around $4700 a month take home. I've done all the research but just neded some hard numbers. Nobody beats first year like Netjets. Amazing.

If you are saying roughly $2000 bi-weekly, not counting per diem, that's right at my pay on a good month. Absolutely amazing. Does this include a 401k percentage?

9 year capy CRJ $78/hr
ATR $74/hr

9 year F/O Crj $48/hr

????????????????? Are you a captain or F/O? If you are a Capt, you need to see your accountant and find more deductions.

I'm a 9 year CRJ200 Captain at $74.18. I claim 1, and pay around $180 for insurance, 2% ALPA dues, and 10% 401K. Yes I could get back more a month. I like the nice tax return check every March. I know that's not the way to do it. I'll change my ways slowly.

Glad I went through all that effort...

Can't you do simple math??? :smash:

A newhire on the 7&7, should look like this:

You will be on the 18 day schedule the 1st 4 months, base $69000. = $23000.

7&7 next 8 months, Base $57000. = $38000.

Holiday pay, daily rate (base divided by 26 divided by 7) x 1.5 = $470., say u work 4 = $1880.

Overtime, hourly rate (daily rate divided by 12) x 1.5 = $39. hr, about 5 hrs per tour = $2700. for 8 months, in training the first 3 or 4 months.

Not back at your base airport by midnight on your 7th day, 2 extended days (3 x daily rate) = $940., plan on at least one = 940.

Total first yr $66,500.

401k match is .50 per 1.00 up to 15% of gross, so add another $5000., $71,500. your 1st yr. if you put 15% into 401k.

For the following years, base salary plus 12% will be close to gross.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back