• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets 1st year pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
3rd yr. 18 day sched. You can see the weeks that had overtime. These are net, with 15% 401k. Biweekly.

Thanks Skiandsurf. This is what I wanted to see. If you are 3rd year pay, I can get a rough idea what 1st year would be.

Willy, that's what I'm looking for. For example, I'm 9th year payscale at ASA. 98.5 hours with per diem, 10% 401k, and 0 dependents, gives me around $4700 a month take home. I've done all the research but just neded some hard numbers. Nobody beats first year like Netjets. Amazing.

Correct!! And that's ANYWHERE in the industry for First Year Pay (SWA/FedEx/UPS surpasses in Year 2.)

But also note that the pay scales have become "front-loaded"--when you upgrade (5 years?) plan on a "real salary" of $100k, in Todays Dollars, that is, what $100k will buy today, and that'll be about it, until 2013-2016, the next IBB, or whenever. Don't let the starting salary trick you into thinking you'll be "rich" as you go forward, but it's a nicely liveable income, unless you live in NYC, California, have a few ex-wives, or more than a couple of double-wides to support.

Still a far cry better than the regionals, and as good as/better than many of the majors, but not a career position like the 3 mentioned above.

If you're currently commuting, the 7 days will probably be a breeze, if not, those 7 days out need some getting used to. Not sure how easy it currently is for you to trip-swap, but your schedule is pretty much your life at NJA, for better or worse, for short notice events. A "must go" event could burn months of earned sick time, depending on your schedule.

BTW, if the economy, for the wealthy, gets worse, NJA looks attractive to those who own/operate their own jets--if it gets better, more folks afford the programs there.

And shy of a government restricting event(s), the folks flying on NJA will Never willingly go back to the airlines--would you?

Good Luck.

I figured around 4-5 years to upgrade as Captain. That's still faster than the majors, plus great pay and job security.

try 6-9 years, unless there are mass retirements or a huge( 100 airplanes or so) order for planes.

Thanks Skiandsurf. This is what I wanted to see. If you are 3rd year pay, I can get a rough idea what 1st year would be.

Hey Ifly,

Do you have an interview date yet? I had my app walked in and handed directly to Derinda a little over a month ago, and still haven't gotten an app recieved e-mail.

Just to give guys that are applying an idea of what you will make in your first year:

As of 3/28 my YTD gross is $20,262 on first year pay for the 15 day flex schedule. That includes working 4 holidays at $521.36 per day and does not include per diem, which you will rarely spend here. I have accrued $559.62 in OT so far this year as well.

Hope that helps somewhat.

Last edited:
Just to give guys that are applying an idea of what you will make in your first year:

As of 3/28 my YTD gross is $20,262 on first year pay for the 15 day flex schedule. That includes working 4 holidays at $521.36 per day and does not include per diem, which you will rarely spend here. I have accrued $559.62 in OT so far this year as well.

Wow!!, that's for 3 months of work. You are on a pace for $80,000+ a year! That's assuming the pay thru 3/28 is for the previous 2 weeks.

I'm on the 18 day year 1 pay.

As of the 3/28 check my YTD gross is $22,418.
$940 in overtime
$1,921 in holiday pay (4 holidays)
$960 for 1 after midnight

If I were to stay on year 1 pay for the whole year I think 75k is a fair number. Half the holidays are over, and it will slow somewhat until summer. I might also bid a different schedule for the summer. All things considered I'm doing better here as a new hire than I was as a captain at my former regional.

Latest resources

Back