• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjet Profit 143 million

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, its pricey at $3,644 per share, but with that increased paycheck and retro you could probably pick up a couple shares.

HA!! 1st of all we never got "Retro". We voted yes on a signing bonus.

I wouldn't characterize what we make now as at a level that would allow us to take "discretionary income" and buy BRKHTH B. Not at all.

If $2B invested then $143M is 7% return.

If $1B invested then $143M is a 14% return...PLUS the Appreciation of the asset from $1B to $2B if $1B was invested and the company is now worth $2B. Someone could probably figure out what the appreciation has been.

My house appreciated more than the total of alll the mortgage payments in the last 3 yrs but I have not received any income from it.... But I still think I am getting a good return.

I think Stocks trade normally at a company valuation of 15... up to 20 times earnings.

That would make NJ worth 143M X 15 = $2.1B to 143M X 20 = $2.8B.

If we could push profits to $200M to $250M ... then at 15 times earnings the company could be worth $3B to $3.75B.

BRK could increase in value $1B to 1.75B on NJ in just one yr. 50 to 80% Asset appreciation! PLUS the $200M in Income! Thats A LOT better than the 25% Berkshire returned on average!

I think this increase is achievable because there is a lot of inefficiency that can and will be reduced. I wish there was a NJ stock.... I could buy.

Mad Money KRAMER says BUY BUY BUY!

If memory serves (a dubious proposition at best), Uncle Warren paid less than $800 million for the company. Toss in a couple hundred mill for losses and the NJE start up, I'd say BH is in about 1.2 Bill. Company now worth north of 2 Bill and net earnings of $143 mill for 2006 and 150-200 mill for 2007....yeah, I'd say that's a pretty fair ROI.

NETFLIER said:
Its about time for flexjet pilots to come aboard the union of 1108 train.

Unions have very very little to do with a company's ability to make money. You cant install good management through a union.

Regardless of going union or not.... FLOPS will live or die by the actions of the management.

WPP

Unions have very very little to do with a company's ability to make money. You cant install good management through a union.

Regardless of going union or not.... FLOPS will live or die by the actions of the management.

WPP

I HIGHLY disagree with this. In my opinion, 1108 has a HUGE say in how much money NJA makes, or doesn't make.

Wolfpack,

you couldnt be more INcorrect. Yes 1108 did get us more money and a better schedule ect. But they have also been the spearhead in alot of cost savings, from ideas on crewfood to proper scheduling of pilots to not pay overtime.

Unions work correctly for both workers and companies, but you must be a union first, and stand strong. We got 143 million to show for it. Are we perfect, certainly not, but we are now collectively striving for it.

Flexjet pilots need to bond and not continue to fall prey to their management. PBS, please. 18 hour duty days, come on. Calling you durring rest, barf! pilots paying for their benefits, yada-yada bogus.

A better future is just a click away www.ibt1108.com

A better way to describe IBT 1108s effect on profits is better done by the statement, "A union has allowed the company to waste less money on inefficiencies in spite of it's (NJAs) own incompetence."

It isn't a question of how much money was made. The same amount will be made by revenue opportunities. Waste... waste (expenses) is the key here.

I flew nearly 40 hours in the seven days over President's day. I know there are sell offs but with more A/C and pilots comes even better coverage. Just look at any Signature ramp and it is evident that NJA is and is going to be the biggest and the best for a long time to come.

You do get what you pay for. At least with NJA it's true. Safe transportation is a foregone conclusion. The most highly trained pilots in the industry that NetJets created back in 1964. People pay a premium here to get premium service and flexability in a 14+ type, 400+ A/C fleet. Add to the fact that people like to go with a winner doesn't hurt the cause either. It is what it is and it is only going to get better.:pimp:

Are you kidding me? It seems every Peak day there is a meltdown across the system with very high sell-off rates. Take a look at the recent Presiden'ts weekend, for example? Do you fly on Peak days? How often are you chartered?

I am disappointed FamilyGuy and YipPilot and Publishers have not chimed in with their comments....

Probably thought we would forget their predictions of gloom and doom.

Dish up that crow GF and I'll pass it out...:D Many of us kept insisting that the money was always there. There's a big difference between "can't" and "won't" pay professional pilots the wages they rightly deserve because they darn well earn it. Kudos to GuitarGuy for giving credit where credit is due.

My posted prediction about the brighter future if/when Management learned to set ego aside and work with the Union to solve problems has arrived ...:p Change hasn't been as quick as we'd all like but it is happening slowly but surely. Especially in training....;)
Regards,
NJW

I HIGHLY disagree with this. In my opinion, 1108 has a HUGE say in how much money NJA makes, or doesn't make.

I totally agree. Other examples were given by NF, but the greatest savings that is also producing a superior product while cutting costs is in the overhaul of training. In the interest of giving credit where credit is due that is largely because of the efforts of the highly talented and very hard working Union Training Committee that has worked jointly with Management to affect positive change.

Aside from that, it's generally agreed by experts in labor relations (not to mention common sense) that well respected and fairly compensated employees are more productive. When the workforce is united in its goal the impact is even more noticeable.

Way to look sharp in those polo shirts NJ pilots...:)
Netjetwife

Instead of Warren finding a new CEO he should hand BH over to the Teamsters!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back