• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjet G5 share costs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
well, let me rephrase my question. Why does netjets keep their prices confidential? if you were a customer shopping for a jet, wouldn't it be nice to see some no BS numbers on a website? that way you don't have to come on a website such as this to ask.

probly, but since i'm not I can't really answer that.

The company says for us not to talk about that stuff....people on here blab about more than they should, and some day it's gonna hurt them or the company.

well, let me rephrase my question. Why does netjets keep their prices confidential? if you were a customer shopping for a jet, wouldn't it be nice to see some no BS numbers on a website? that way you don't have to come on a website such as this to ask.

I'm guessing that it's one of those, "if you have to ask, you can't afford it" kind of deals. NetJets chooses not to publish the info.

brokeflyer is correct though about confidentiality. One of the things our owners pay for is anonymity.

I belive that NJ does not post prices on the internet to keep every neighbor and friend form seeing what you pay and to make it a little harder for the media to have prices to print. But this is just a guess.

The Flexjet numbers on their website are like the window sticker on a new car -- it is a place to begin negotiating from. NJ is much more of a "no haggle" on price.

Fly safe.

If you honestly think that figures posted on any website are free of BS I have some prime real estate in the south central Florida I would like to sell you.

like someone said before. All contracts are a little different and I am sure all sales figures are neogtiable. The only real course of action to get accurate numbers is to talk to a sales rep.

Trusting a website for sales numbers is the same as buying a car at sticker price.

so, because Flex publishes their prices, it means you can haggle, and cause nejets makes it a secret, its no haggle? that makes no sense

so, because Flex publishes their prices, it means you can haggle, and cause nejets makes it a secret, its no haggle? that makes no sense

No -- what makes sense is what actually happens. FJ is trying to gain (buy) market share (so are CS and FLOPS). They are very negotiable and will concede many things to get someone to come over -- many free hours, discounts on share prices and monthly/hourly fees, etc. Also on the card side they will discount heavily (especially to NJ owners) to get you into their product and system. I know this first hand.

NJ, while it has side letters that cover some smaller points like upgardes, recovery, standby, simultanous use, does not negotiate on price and fees (which is actually smart). You would have some very irrate owners with very bruised egos (and thus willing to leave) if they found out their buddy paid less for a share. It is alot like men at a backyard barbeque bragging about how little they paid for their new car. Pricing integrity can be very important to getting your price.

Lowering price to gain market share is an old marketing technique.

Fly safe.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back