• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjet billboard @ TEB

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You are not helping us at all by attacking coworkers.

Was that for me or Some Dude? Mine was a word of advice. His was a threat to shut the Company down.

Flying 4000 ft lower would double that and I am not that big a fan of wearing an O2 mask for 4 hours straight which you must do above FL410 on 91 flights and above FL350 on 135 legs. I am not sure how many are willing to continue doing so just to save the company $200million a yr.

I dont get it. Are you saying if you are not happy with the contract you will fly lower to cost the company more money?

Last edited:
Appoint someone to a position for which they are hardly qualified or capable of completing simply due to time in service or based on a relationship.

Forgive me for how a union operates is new to me. Doesn't the union run solely on seniority?

I-R-DXR said:
Was that for me or Some Dude? Mine was a word of advice. His was a threat to shut the Company down.

I dont get it. Are you saying if you are not happy with the contract you will fly lower to cost the company more money?

It was for the Pilots. Not you. They are losing it I think. But I think this just demonstrates why this contract needs to get done fast.

Flying lower. Go down to the hangar and ask to sit in one of the Citation X's. Put the O2 mask on and see how long you can stand having it on your face. Now think about that when you dispatch the next X on a 135 trip over FL350 or a 91 trip over FL410. If I am not happy with the contract, I may not care that it costs $1000 that I fly a couple thousand feet lower this leg so I don't have to wear a mask for 4 hours straight.

Last edited:
Flying lower. Go down to the hangar and ask to sit in one of the Citation X's. Put the O2 mask on and see how long you can stand having it on your face. Now think about that when you dispatch the next X on a 135 trip over FL350 or a 91 trip over FL410.

I wish I had the opportunity to do just that. I need to get out of the box.

I-R-DXR said:
I wish I had the opportunity to do just that. I need to get out of the box.

It should be required training for all Dispatchers and schedulers too. last tour I flew one day over 10 hours block. I probably had that b!ttch on nearly 7 hours. I do not make my FO's wear it since only one of us has to... I let it be me.

Mr. Chupacabra. First, all, and I mean ALL, fuel costs are paid directly by the share-owners so your suggestion won't save or cost the company a dime. The only way the company can ever save money on fuel is on most ferry legs. We are starting to learn even reducing the speed on your ferry's is not saving as much as we originally projected which has something to do with MX/airframe time, etc.

Let me address some earlier posts simply by saying:

-No one is suggesting or has suggested in this post they wouldn't like to see your pay increased.

-No one said you guys don't do a good job and your level of service has not been criticized - even though you chose to slander the quality work by the dispatch dept.

-No one has said the company has not been profitable (except for this year's $6 mil loss) - only debating to what extent and how much they can afford to pay salary increases.

I am suggesting:

-The company has not initiated a smear campaign against pilots. Actually quite the opposite. In January 2005 NetJets began a pilot recognition program to show its appreciation to flight crews who demonstrated excellence. On April 20, 2005, the first recognition rewards were presented to one Flight Attendant and three Pilots, for their superior contribution who will be rewarded with a letter of commendation. In addition the amount of respect and gratitude from Bill Boisture himself on the behalf of pilots has been truly amazing. Smear campaign? Turning co-workers against you? Hardly.

Some Dude said:
The fact that you don't think that RTS would never lie to you and that he ( the company ) has a proven track record is just plain stupid, or it shows that you haven't been here very long.

I truely hope that you and the rest of the personel in CMH get the money that you deserve. (Except for Owner Services because they are nothing but liers). Educate yourself then you may get that raise at your next review.
>>>
One more thing can you really trust RTS after he allowed the schedulers to accept gifts and kickbacks from some loser pilots for better schedules? The schedulers should have been fired and the "A team" should have been fired long ago.

-Owner Services and Schedulers are not liars. For you to say this lets me know your level of integrity and lack of understanding. I have worked with both of them and seen the challenges they face and do the best they can to do our owners right. Do they make mistakes? We all do. Do they make the best decisions they know how with the information available with the best possible intentions? We all do. Does it always turn out right? No. Do we have to be accused of lying because of it? Apparently.
I have already mentioned in other posts that allegations made regarding "gifts" was formally investigated by a third party and the allegations were found to be false. You might have missed that memo.

RTS, from only my personal observation over the years, has not only kept his word, I have seen time and time again him going above his duty to benefit the employee. He never fired a single person when it would have been the proper business decision to do so during the recesion following 9/11. We were fat on personnel and he promised no one would lose a job - and kept it. How quickly you forget. If he has lied to you, then I don't know anything about it. I can only judge from my own experiences.

Some Dude said:
Yo! Dispatcher I have been here a looong time way before we even had dispatchers at eja/nja. Maybe you should thank me for your job. It was the pilots who fought to get a dispatch department set up at eja/nja.

I guess you were hoping I wasn't around then to know better. I'm calling your bluff. Not only was I an original member of dispatch I was hired long before it came into existence. You taking credit for dispatch is like Al Gore taking credit for the Internet. I know the people responsible for this department and you weren't one of them.

x402 said:
I was sent to BACK UP A VENDOR FLIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

Scheduling doesn't consult you either, I bet.

-NetJets only uses vendors to fulfill contractual obilgations and normally loses money by doing so.

You have to understand the basic concept for applying vendor trips. If I own a Hawker and the QS tail breaks and a QS tail of EQUAL or BETTER size/quality can't cover it and a vendor is called in - the vendor has to also be equal or better. Many times it will be better and we'll have to pay for a GIV or something but only take in revenue for a Hawker. In addition, if the owner is upset enough the company may choose to give him discount for the trip. You simply aren't considering the factors involved behind vendor coverage.

I don't know your specific example but if you were backing for a vendor trip than it was likely because you were not the equal or better vendor the owner was expecting or paying for and was likely the "last resort" in order to get the owner to his destination on time - a good business decision by NetJets. If your a/c was larger or better than the one you backed up perhaps it was an "over kill" and not what the owner wanted either. Still the right decision by scheduling. So why are you worried about it? I don't get it. The paranoia is out of control.

Some Dude said:
... If shutting down this place is what it takes then so what? RTS and Boisture PROMISED you that nobody in the flight center would be laid off. So, why are you scared of us striking?

Actually Boisture didn't promise no one would lose their job per sey. What he said exactly was that there would "still be work to do in the event of a strike". We have no contract, no gaurantees, no promises in the event it becomes out of control and detrimental. And he was speaking to the entire company. As for dispatchers, if QS tails aren't flying, there is no work for us to do, unlike owner service and scheduling. It's one "vacation" that I hope can be avoided. I am hoping for succussful negotiations over the next few months and we can get back to focusing on what we all do best. Keep'n em' flyin. Stay safe out there.

Last edited:
-No one said you guys don't do a good job and your level of service has not been criticized - even though you chose to slander the quality work by the dispatch dept.

Just to be clear. I did not do this... and I disagree with the statements made by some others. I have absolutely No criticism of anyone below the rank of CEO.

Fuel costs. Don't cost the company? I just wore the mask for the last time. Of course I won't be able to make it from BOS to VNY nonstop anymore. Now go downstairs and wear that MASK for 4 hours.

So why are you worried about it? I don't get it. The paranoia is out of control.

I think the answer is Stress induced by small paychecks and being ridiculed and laughed out of FBO's and Internet message boards nationwide for accepting such pay and years of paying the rent and groceries on credit cards.

Last edited:
Still Ass Clown won't debate or even educate himself about the true financial reports of this company. If you don't have the balls to ask for a raise then that's your fault. It is clear you have no clue about union matters. Maybe you should go attack the mechanics they are union too. Most professional dispatchers belong to a union.

I am responsible to catch all of your mistakes. I am directly responsible for the safety of the flight. I have to do my job and make sure to fix the the fck ups the company hands me on a daily basis.
You are truley clueless about the day in and day out operations of this company. The flight crews carry all the reposibility that is why we are true professionals. I know the value of my service and I will be paid for it.

We had a contest to see if someone could guess how many VP we had at Netjets. I think the winning number was around 67. Why is "Fort Fumble" so screwed up that it takes that many VPs to run the place? Or is it that the persons upstairs are just to immature to operate at a professional level?

Oh yeah why won't you speak about the customer service reports that have the satisfaction with the flight crews higher than any other department in the company?

Sorry, but a two week dispatcher course does not make you an expert in aviation.

man oh man

Funny none of the pilots heard about the pilot recognition program. We got a memo but like everything else it just dissapeared. Probably because we all voted for JP.

If you were here for a long time then you remember the mechanics strike. Did you go downstairs and say your feelings to the mechanics or is it easier to do behind anonymity? Dispatch knows who i am i've got nothing to hide.

I have great respect for what the dispatchers do. I flew a plane last year which was undispatchable. Long form weight and balance and manual releases, with manual flight plans. Now that sucked.

That being said you started this argument by the most disrespecting post. Just because you changed part of it doesn't make it any better. Have some nuts and stand behind your post.

I would have lost significant amount of money if I accepted the last TA. I voted it down on a number of reasons. Do you really think we are going to go backword on a TA and be happy? If you did you had your evaluation and they told you that your work has been excellent and your output was higher than last year but they are going to cut your pay. .. Would you take it?

The pilots at this company are treated as a nusance. The company pays for college courses oh wait only for bridgeway not pilots. Oh wait the company pays for a bbq for families. Oh wait pilots are never told when or if it happens. The examples are endless. Now you want the pilots to give up more just so you can continue working?

What happens happens. You or I have no control over it. The company has to do what's right.

D

I been trying to figure out how they claim they lose money on selloffs. I just noticed that they compare the cost of a Selloff with ONLY the occupied hourly fee. As though that is the only revenue coming in for that flight. Oh my, when first we practice to deceive....

Here is a math lesson for you.

Consider the number of SellOFF flights and the number of Jet Card flights. The number of JetCard flights is GREATER. Lets call them equal.

We charge $8400 per hour to ride the X. Market Charter rates is $4600 to maybe $5000 hr. I smell a $3400/hr profit here.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back