NetJet Base Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Great One said:
if you live let's say ATL, and choose domicile columbus, or pbi, on your last day, will NJ airline to your domicile or can they airline you back "home" in atl?

Yes. I havent done this, but you have to tell the company where it is that you want to travel to (home in ATL or Hawaii), and you will have to pay the difference.

gunfyter said:
If you are a Domicile pilot. Odds are you will ferry the plane or bring pax to your domicile on your last day. you will then buy your own airline ticket home from the Domicile.

Thats how it was for me when I used DAL

Not sure how the other domiciles are, but I am LAX based and I (almost) always start and end with an airline flight.

gunfyter said:
If you are a Domicile pilot. Odds are you will ferry the plane or bring pax to your domicile on your last day. you will then buy your own airline ticket home from the Domicile.

Thats how it was for me when I used DAL
Almost never. That's one more reason the domiciles are a stupid idea.

CMH here and I have only picked up an airplane once in the last 3 months and dropped one off once. It is possible to do what you are suggesting but I dont know how reliable it would be - you still have to get yourself to your domicle to start the tour somehow.

thanks guys i figured that
i was told that we would only be responsible to get to the domicile
but the source is definitly not trustworthy.....
I was going to ask Mrs. McKinstry, but I'm sure she got better things to do right now

Well it is true that you really are only responsible to get to the domicle and the compay will buy a you a ticket to fiji on your last day if thats where you wanted to go - you would just have to pay the difference in what it would cost to airline back to your domicle. If it were less then you wouldnt be out any moolah.

Just lucky I guess. It was airline ticket and hotel night before tour.... Then Hotel on last night of tour and airline ticket in the morning of first day off.Commuting can be expensive don't count on being able to airline to your home instead of ending up at your Domicile on last day.

Not to hi-jack, but I was wondering if you can hold out for a domicile, or is the offer of employment conditional on awarded base? For example, I really want CMH, but I'm offered TEB, can I "wait" for a CMH opening or am I just out of luck? Thanks for the help.

Latest resources

Back