• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Net Jets to Furlough 500...??? Right...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think that pilots who have school-age kids would welcome the chance to work less days during the summer. They could help the Company save jobs while spending more time with their family. What's not to like about that?

Considering that one and three year LOAs are being offered, I'd be very surprised if the reduced schedules weren't planned for the Oct-Jan trimester. It doesn't sound as though they're expecting a quick-fix....:(

Just have to adjust your lifestyle to less income. Looks like a good plan hope it works. I would be shocked if a large number have other jobs lined up when jobs are nearly impossible to find. Sounds like wishful thinking

I would spend more time with my kick a$$ daughter and do more reserve flying. Plus, I have two possible paying jobs that would be a lot of fun.

People need to look at this as an opportunity to reset their lives.....that's what I am doing.

I would spend more time with my kick a$$ daughter and do more reserve flying. Plus, I have two possible paying jobs that would be a lot of fun.

People need to look at this as an opportunity to reset their lives.....that's what I am doing.

I see it this way too. None of my possible jobs pay as much as NJ but they could be ok for a few years when I include the full benefits and the monthly payments from NJ.

Now I have no polling data obviously but a majority of the younger captains I fly with seem to live way outside their means and will straight up tell me they can't accept pay cuts. They are already on 18day selling back vacations. I value time at home a little more and they want to work. I guess that is the beauty of this package...it is all voluntary except how 18 day will become super senior now with the 14 day option but oh well.

it is all voluntary except how 18 day will become super senior now with the 14 day option but oh well.

I fly in a senior fleet and I doubt your theory will hold much water in it. Most of these guys are on the 15day or the 7/7 they want with some on the 18day, and aren't moving off their schedule, for anything. They have the scedule they want, with the vaction time they want and are set, money isn't a overriding factor in their decisions.
Now will there be a little movement a percent of two maybe, but probably not a lot of people doing it.

I fly in a senior fleet and I doubt your theory will hold much water in it. Most of these guys are on the 15day or the 7/7 they want with some on the 18day, and aren't moving off their schedule, for anything. They have the scedule they want, with the vaction time they want and are set, money isn't a overriding factor in their decisions.
Now will there be a little movement a percent of two maybe, but probably not a lot of people doing it.

You'd be surprised. I'm very senior here at NJA. (been here over 12 years) Currently on the 7/7. However, the chance to actually work LESS each month, but make MORE than my present salary has got me looking hard at bidding the 18-day. I think the prediction that the 18-day will go very senior will be closer to the truth.

RNObased. We know you know who Avantair is since you posted on Avantair threads in the past. All I was doing was correcting a prior post which stated Netjets was not the only fractional that had not furloughed.

Reality,

I still believe that a number of senior pilots, like myself (10 yrs) still find the predicability of the 7&7 one of its more attractive features.

Getting 21 days off during a vacation period as opposed to the 15 that someone would get if they were on the 18 or modified 18 is also a big selling point.

Latest resources

Back