Net Jets Offers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
abenaki said:
By the way, the failed TA was a failure....it was a pay cut for most of us and most of us chose to work under the current TA as it is better than that pile of junk. It wasn't "sabotaged" by the current union.....again, please give me and my brethren SOME credit for being able to think on our own. We ARE the union and WE voted it down for VERY good reasons.

The IBT called it the richest contract in recent aviation history.

DO-82 driver said:
Dspcther......I have been through a sinbgle carrier suit before and the Union side won. The evididence here is even greater. For you make make the comment you did about the Boss not wanting a single carrier for his company tells me you have no real knowledge of what is involved......Of course he doesn't, that's how you play one side against the other.

Either way, the FM's, Dispatchers, NJI and the rest of the employees in CMH really have no say in the matter.......Management and the Union will work it out...if not, the courts will.

Actually, it wasn't a comment it was a question. If you have the right why isn't the union doing anything about it? You say the evidence here is even greater. I am interested in hearing about the evidence in your next post. Perhaps some history about the other single carrier suit you mentioned.

Ultra Grump said:
Again, I'm telling you what I saw. He pulled up the line for an NJI G, saw it would fit with this owner's needs, put the trip on it, called the owner's assistant to confirm that he was good to go, and never once called an NJI scheduler.

Okay, Gump. I'm not calling you a liar. Maybe that is what you saw. But, this is what I do every day. I don't know how long you were sitting there watching, but I can gaurantee someone in the SOC called NJI for permission. That's the way it works now. A few years back we weren't so seperate, but today we are.

Like someone else said...that's for Management and the Union to work it out...if not, the courts will.

DO-82 driver said:
...just out of curiosity, can we do the same with CS a/c or FLOP's a/c or Flex a/c? Are they on your speed dial?.....

No and No. What's your point? Does United call American or Norhtwest or any other competitor to cover their trips?

DO-82 driver said:
I do appreciate the explanation of how the scheduling process works though....I think we need more of these explanations so everyone, in all departments, realize how the other side of the house works.....

Agreed. I think if we actually communicated more we wouldn't have so many misunderstandings and disagreements. In the perfect world...:cool:

Last edited:
abenaki said:
Family Guy--

In regards to wages.....

To apply the inlfation rate of just the last four years ignores the devaluation of the wage dollar during the life of the 1998 contract.
Abenaki - I tried to explain this point to FG here. He has chosen to ignore it. Maybe he'll read it this time...:cool:

Let me ask a question, if the IBT said the last TA was the richest in aviation history, and said this is a great deal. (the leaders against the last TA were the SU guys).

Was the IBT national aviation guys lying to you then?
Lying may be too harsh a word- only giving you part of the story?

How do you know they are not only giving you part of the story now?

I explain this to you Fac. I'll use small words. The leadership of Local 284 told the National that this was a great contract. Teamster's National supported it based on the advice from the Local. The pilot's disagreed. Strongly. So strongly that the old MEC and Local were kicked to the curb. Our new Local (run by pilots for pilots) are calling the shots now. They aren't so easy to impress.

Star

Are you saying you don't think National even read the contract?

and that the National Aviation Division of the IBT issued statements that were wrong?

FAcFriend said:
Let me ask a question, if the IBT said the last TA was the richest in aviation history, and said this is a great deal. (the leaders against the last TA were the SU guys).

Was the IBT national aviation guys lying to you then?
Lying may be too harsh a word- only giving you part of the story?

How do you know they are not only giving you part of the story now?
Have you read the TA? Do you know what's in it? If you had, you would know it is no better than what we have now, and in many cases is worse. Does that make our current CBA " the richest in aviation history?" I think not.

Ultra Grump said:
Have you read the TA? Do you know what's in it? If you had, you would know it is no better than what we have now, and in many cases is worse. Does that make our current CBA " the richest in aviation history?" I think not.

Can someone please post the "negative" differences for the rest of us who haven't seen the TA? Has someone already done that on these boards? I think it would be pretty instructive.

I'd then like to see how FacFriend, Troll, NJAdispatcher and the rest try to spin those points to the positive...

Thanks

Sarka posted:

Does United call American or Norhtwest or any other competitor to cover their trips?

They sure do. If a flight is canceled I have been routed on a competing carrier.

The managers at the frax may be closer than you think. We have crews that take poohbahs to Cayahoga all the time, especially right after the TA vote last year.

I've heard from Optns crews on the road that they took their honchos to Woodbridge /Newark.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back