Net-Jets Middle East

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What is it like Flying for NJ ME?
sounds like an interesting gig, how is it to be away from home for so long.

D

"Many factors are taken into consideration, not only experience and professional qualifications, but we must also consider many administrative requirements"

This is not a rejection letter but just a standard form letter sent initially to most people. Upon further screening some receive a call for interview followed by an email with applications, etc.

Someone had a safety concern, that NJME put safety at the bottom of the list. In fact, it is just the opposite. Safety is their number 1 concern, even more than most US operators. I know this from first hand contact with their top management. Many US regional jet operators will hire 500 - 1000 hour CFI types, instead of the 7000 hour experienced furloughed pilots. There certainly is no logic there, if you look at it from a safety point of view. Just like any other classy US operator, NJME are looking for safety and customer sevice as their priorities.

With regards to the November lack of email response, thats when they just got done hiring in October. The next hiring was planned for several months later.

With regards to type of company, NJME operations are managed by NAS of Saudi Arabia, which is probably one of the best run companies in Saudi, besides Aramco, their national oil company.

The wild card, however, remains the ME factor... , no booze, no gambling, no night clubs, etc.. Furthermore, boys and girls schools are segregated, (except for the US embassy schools), women cannot drive outside private compounds, must dress conservatively, generally be accompanied by a male adult relative, not allowed to work in public places except for, girls schools/universities, women hospital sections, women security staff, etc. Strict law enforcement for violators, especially for drugs, prostitution, confessed adultery, murder, where the punishment is death, enforced swiftly. Other serious crimes are open alcohol consumption, theft, rape, gambling, public lewedness, etc..

Looks like if someone is a devout and practicing christian, they should fit right in the society. Every place has its ups and downs, and it is all a matter of trade-off.

The other wild card is the Iraq situation. So guys, pick your choice, because the aviation flying bug has bitten us all. Where do we go from here? Good luck to youall!

Please accept my apologies!

##########################################
Other serious crimes are open alcohol consumption, theft, rape, gambling, public lewedness, etc..
##########################################

I wish to apologize to everyone if my statements were misunderstood.

With reference to this statement in particular, by no means did I mean to take a "cheap shot at Christianity", as a fellow reader had indicated by pm.

What I meant was that, these are serious crimes not tolerated in any decent society, and especially so among practicing Christians and Muslims alike. Therefore, in a country or environment where these crimes are very rare, and responded to with severe punishment, the people of practicing faith should feel well protected and and naturally at home.

What I also meant was that, as far as conservative values are concerned, many practicing Christians actually go out of their way to provide their families with such a protective environment, where the women are expected to dress modestly, children are sent to religious schools or home schooled, regular telivision is restricted, drinking and gambling are absent, etc., etc., and above all, God consciousness and regular prayer is underlying to all actions.

Also, in mentioning people of practicing faith and decent values, I also mean to include all other persons who share the same values, regardless of their personal religious preference.

Next time I will try and be more accurate in expressing my opinion, which I should have done in the first place.

diesel

If you really think that it's a fair playing field out there for guys who are furloughed from a major then wake up and smell the coffee.

If you don't like my comment,fine, I really don't care but I am certain that being furloughed is a factor in many HR departments.

I wasn't applying for a captain spot and if you don't think I'm qualified to fly right seat because I don't have time in type then I think you are sadly mistaken.

I am not some bitter unemployed furloughed guy. I am furloughed, but I am lucky enough to have found a well paying job and I sent my stuff in just to see what it was all about.

I guess you and they must have mystical powers if they can judge attitude and personality from an e-mailed resume, and you can do it from one short post.

Before you comment on my lack of experience(HA!), maybe you would like to show what you got rather than hiding behind a blank profile.

Well, he only has ce-500 listed. And wafu39 has flown the J31, J41, Dash-8, CRJ, 757, and 767.

hmmm, now who is saying what about experience or requirements.

I E-Mailed NetJet ME about two months ago and have heard nothing(have lived and worked Mid East before),but maybe I will just have to get some more time.

oooh i missed this little thread.

So your basically blaming your lack of a winning personality against NJME by saying they don't care about experience.

You might have flown all these J31, J41, Dash-8, CRJ, 757, and 767 but i don't see any corporate experience.

You might think that just because you have a ton of time and flown everything that they have to hire you.

Actually if your still alive at this point in life you have the flying skills nescessary. They want to see the background that involves dealing with owners little oddities.

Once again. This job isn't just about the flying.

Admin Questions

I've seen where a few of you have mentioned that you have received messages that stated there were administrative concerns. I might be wrong on this but for the NJ-Europe operation, I believe they can't hire pilots from the US. They have to be from Europe because of governmental and "administrative" concerns. Remember, it's a lot tougher for a U.S. pilot to go overseas to work than vice-versa.

Good Luck to everyone.

DIESEL,

I have found that people who resort to personal attacks because they can't discuss something like an adult usually are lacking in intelligence.

ENOUGH SAID! GROW UP!

After sending a resumein response to the corporatepilot.com listing, received an application which I promptly returned to NJME. After sending several updates, got a phone call Jan 20th from Capt. Masur (spelling ?) telling me to expect an additional application and to submit a photo upon receiving that application with an expected interview end of March in Paris. Currently on the road and checked my email tonight to find the "adminstrative" rejection letter. Definitely bummed by that. Good luck to those who do make it.

Latest resources

Back