Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Net Jets Home Basing? Will it come back?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Guys -

I am currently short of the minimums.. But plan on getting those mins and then some and applying...

Should I go ahead and submit my resume now or just wait until I have the time..

Thanks..

While it is best to get going as soon as possible, I don't think they will keep your resume if you don't meet the mins. Get the mins and send your stuff in a soon as you do. Good luck.

I believe jtf is correct. Get the time, THEN submit the resume. It'll just get circular filed if you don't have the mins.

If home basing comes back for new hires, I could try and get one, move to a base and then move back when I got the chance and be home based..

Thanks guys

Jeff

I don't have the time to read all 5 pages of this thread but just to clarify, home basing never "went away". Under the previous contract, we had a gateway system with something like 23-26 airports that a pilot could use as a so-called base. Under the new contract, "home basing" entered our lexicon as well as "dumb-a-cile".

As I'm sure has been pointed out, we are waiting to find out what proposals interest-based bargaining (IBB) will yield. Those changes should be known in early October with a vote to afterwards. I would guess that if the IBB proposal is accepted by the pilot group, that those changes wouldn't take effect until December at the earliest.

Will basing changes for post-ratification pilots be part of that package? I'd suspect that there would have to be changes in order for the IBB proposal to have a prayer at ratification. But we won't know until October.

Good luck, Jeff, and feel free to PM me if you have any questions on NetJets.

I would guess that if the IBB proposal is accepted by the pilot group, that those changes wouldn't take effect until December at the earliest.

Or when the final language is agreed on they may put out another temporary LOA in a week or two. This seems to be the current mode of operation. That said I sure would not bet on this happening, just pointing out another possibility.

Or when the final language is agreed on they may put out another temporary LOA in a week or two. This seems to be the current mode of operation. That said I sure would not bet on this happening, just pointing out another possibility.

Not sure if they'd need to do that, at least with regards to basing. As it is, the company has the right to open any domicile that it wants right now (Section 13.2(c)). In effect, they could make any HBA-qualifying airport a domicile if they so choose. As it is, they actually base some pilots at an airport with absolutely NO airline service: TEB.

Hi!

We're an airline, and we fly to TEB ;-)

cliff
YIP

Hi!

We're an airline, and we fly to TEB ;-)

cliff
YIP

You must not be an NJA pilot. If you are, try that "we're an airline" statement on TSA at CMH or HPN the next time you have an opportunity.

Last edited:
Hi!

USA Jet Airlines. We R -121 supplemental (non-sched).

I have flown into CMH and HPN while flying for my airline also.

cliff
YIP

Hi!

USA Jet Airlines. We R -121 supplemental (non-sched).

I have flown into CMH and HPN while flying for my airline also.

cliff
YIP

OK - so what's the point of your postings in a thread about home-basing at NetJets?

If you are somehow trying to address my point about airline service at TEB, I would point out that I was addressing the fact that NetJets doesn't have the ability to book crew travel on scheduled airlines to/from TEB.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back