• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Neil Boortz, Dumb'r 'na bag of hammers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Neal Boortz is a pilot, but he is 100% wrong on this one, but because of his radio show, he is very dangerous.

Saying crap like a Delta strike is the same as a divorce from your wife where you kill the wife after the divorce is insane.

But I can guarantee you one thing, Neal Bootz wouldn't even warm up a microphone without a contract. And if he ever left one broadcast network for another, he wouldn't give a dang what happened to the network he left, but the Delta pilots should take up the butt! I don't think so.

My wife (the Delta pilot) and myself were ready to go to the mattresses, now we'll have to wait to see what the terms of the TA are, I hope we didn't give away the farm.

Champ42272

I usually agree with Neal Boortz when it comes to politics, personal responsibility, taxes, government, etc. But his ramblings on aviation sometimes yeally piss me off. Typical type-A arm-chair quarterback know-it-all pilot. I own a light aircraft and I fly a four-hole heavy and they are two different and distict animals. I don't care how much Boortz thinks he knows about aviation, I want a couple of professional, highly trained, high-time, well paid, turbine time, pilots up front. An overall 51% pay cut to DAL pilots just invites guys like Boortz, and all his Mooney time, to start wondering if they will ever, finally get asked by the flight attendant to come forward and land the triple-7. "Mr. Boortz," she said with a quiver in her voice, "The highly trained professional pilots are both incapacitated due to mal nutrition, as they were unable to eat that week while paying to keep their kids in a nice home and out of public schools." "Mr. Boortz won't you please save us all." Good luck Neal!

71KILO said:
I usually agree with Neal Boortz when it comes to politics, personal responsibility, taxes, government, etc. But his ramblings on aviation sometimes yeally piss me off. Typical type-A arm-chair quarterback know-it-all pilot. I own a light aircraft and I fly a four-hole heavy and they are two different and distict animals. I don't care how much Boortz thinks he knows about aviation, I want a couple of professional, highly trained, high-time, well paid, turbine time, pilots up front. An overall 51% pay cut to DAL pilots just invites guys like Boortz, and all his Mooney time, to start wondering if they will ever, finally get asked by the flight attendant to come forward and land the triple-7. "Mr. Boortz," she said with a quiver in her voice, "The highly trained professional pilots are both incapacitated due to mal nutrition, as they were unable to eat that week while paying to keep their kids in a nice home and out of public schools." "Mr. Boortz won't you please save us all." Good luck Neal!

It's funny, I agree with him about the evils of teacher's unions, auto unions etc. But when it comes to pilot unions I get all worked up about how he's an idiot, he doesn't understand, blah blah. When it's all said and done, however, this is about jobs, plain and simple. Then I start to wonder if I'm the hypocrite...(I'm not, keep reading)

I've asked this before, what is it about this job that makes it so different from others with regard to getting paid for your experience (not seniority), and protecting yourself from getting outsourced/fired/laid off/what ever you want to call it? I'm playing devil's advocate here, don't jump on me for asking these questions, I get to the answer, keep reading.

But seriously, the only thing that allows us to keep the jobs is the union. From an outsider's point of view, this makes our situation similar to teacher's/auto unions. Unfortunately, there's one other factor that, if left to the scruples of the company, would go out the window like our jobs...safety. Checks and balances.

This sort of system IS preferable to the one found in other industries because, in the end, it protects the company from maximizing the dollar at all costs (sorry Value Jet, but outsourcing to save money led to incorrectly securing the canisters and ending the lives of everyone involved. How's this quote from the NTSB... According to this mechanic, there was a great deal of pressure to complete the work on the airplanes on time, and the mechanics had been working 12-hour shifts 7 days per week. Would a proud chest-thumping union worker familiar with the company, the aircraft and the systems have done this? Maybe so, but I argue that it would be a lot less likely.)

Perhaps this system needs the leverage of the unions to make it more like a large ship, not easy to turn quickly, not easy to exploit. If pilot unions were to point out that this system is preferable to a 'normal' professional 'office' type job and all of its inherent instabilities (all about profits you know), people like Boortz would understand why it is this way. It isn't all about profits and bottom line, Dick Ebersole's family can attest to that. The argument then that the union is only protecting the jobs and we should let the market turn this industry where it may, is void.

Thoughts?

Teachers unions protect teachers for life. Doubtful you will lose your job unless you get caught having sex with a student. They don't make great money in most instances, but alot of them are not bright enough to do anything else.

Auto unions ....I don't know much about them other than they are losing jobs left and right because they priced themselves out of the market and all the jobs are in China, India, Korea, and Japan.

American cars have become inferior because of the people designing the cars, not the ones building them, so I can't blame the unions there, but I do believe they were just too darn expensive to hold on to..

I'm outta coffee.....

but I support the aviation unions because the industry would be MESA across the board if folks like Boooortz had his way.

Smacktard said:
Thoughts?

OK, since you asked.

Boortz is just doing what Boortz/Limbaugh/Coulter & Company do. They entertain people by appealing to their prejudices with a mix of inflaming rhetoric and half truths. It is sadly entertaining when others are getting the treatment, but not so great when you are the piñata.

Most of us are not from old money, and are no different than teachers, autoworkers, Doctors or anyone else making a living by working. We are not special. And the managements we work for are no greedier, no more short sighted, no less compassionate than management teams in other industries.

Maybe yall should read the disclaimer from boortz.com:

Don't believe anything you read on this web page, or, for that matter, anything you hear on The Neal Boortz Show, unless it is consistent with what you already know to be true, or unless you have taken the time to research the matter to prove its accuracy to your satisfaction. This is known as "doing your homework."

Latest resources

Back