• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Need some Virgin America Info...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you work for VX don't be surprised in 10 years when you're making $100K a year at your dream Legacy Airline Captain job. And when you want to see the guy responsible for flushing the airline pilot career down the toilet, you can just look in the mirror.

Really? I have been at VX for 3 1/2 years, and I am WELL over $100,000. lol

Really? I have been at VX for 3 1/2 years, and I am WELL over $100,000. lol

Please validate that claim by posting a photo of your W-2 form.

Please validate that claim by posting a photo of your W-2 form.

Give it a rest Fubi. 3 1/2 years puts the poster at 4th year Captain pay, $120 an hour. Even if he just sat on reserve all the time and never flew he'd make $100,800 per year at a 70 hour min.

lol Fubu isn't very good at math.

I averaged just under 90 hours of credit/month plus sold back 3 weeks of vacation. I did ok all things considered.

Last edited:
Its awfully easy to make claims on the Internet. How hard is it to post the evidence? He can white out his identifying info.

Last edited:
3 1/2 years puts the poster at 4th year Captain pay, $120 an hour. Even if he just sat on reserve all the time and never flew he'd make $100,800 per year at a 70 hour min.

And 10 years from now at $133, that number will jump to a whopping 111k. I believe that was his point.

For this particular guy, he should have said "still making 100k and hit the wall two years ago." For everyone who wasn't one of the golden boys who got the quick upgrade....It was a valid statement.

Fun fact. That's what 12 year FO's make damn near everywhere else.

Fun fact. That's what 12 year FO's make damn near everywhere else.

Damn!!!!! I should have gone to a legacy carrier so I could wait 9 more years to make what I make now. What was I thinking?

Fwiw there is another 12 year payscale coming out for us next month. Trust me, we are slowly but surely working our way up to where it needs to be.

And 10 years from now at $133, that number will jump to a whopping 111k. I believe that was his point.

For this particular guy, he should have said "still making 100k and hit the wall two years ago." For everyone who wasn't one of the golden boys who got the quick upgrade....It was a valid statement.

Exactly. And a "growing" narrowbody airline getting away with paying Regional wages puts pressure on all other management teams to do the same.

Fwiw there is another 12 year payscale coming out for us next month. Trust me, we are slowly but surely working our way up to where it needs to be.

Yeah, and in 9 years, you'll qualify for that pay rate. And, BTW, why are you so sure the new pay scale will include a raise? You have made money ONE QUARTER in 4 YEARS of operation. Without a CBA, your "new" pay scale could be a pay cut. And what will you have to say about it....NOTHING.

The ONLY reason your pay will increase is that people are leaving due to recalls or are getting jobs at other airlines. If you're not hemorrhaging pilots, what's the incentive for them to pay you more? Because you look good in your sloppy Johnny Cash uniform?

Latest resources

Back