• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Need some Virgin America Info...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NEDoosh, are you for real? The ALPA president signs contracts as a formality. He NEVER intervenes in a contract, unless of course National takes control of an MEC. That has happened exactly once.

Really? Tell that to Dwayne worth. He was pretty hardcore in telling regional pilots to sign off on contracts. Alpa also can decide not to sign off on a contact.
The only way to stop outsourcing of mainline jobs is to make the regional level uneconomic.
When comair signed their contract in 2001 the senior guys were going to be paid $136 an hr to fly a 70 seater. That pay level made the rj very unattractive to mainline. Thus keeping more jobs flying an md80.
The purpose of a union is to keep high paying jobs. Alpa purpose is to collect dues, they don't care where they come from, or how they get them, they just want dues.
When regional pay is at the same level as mainline pay you will stop seeing rjs.

Again, ALPA National can only recommend contracts. They can't force anyone to do anything.

You're entitled to your opinions, but not your own facts.

Again, ALPA National can only recommend contracts. They can't force anyone to do anything.

You're entitled to your opinions, but not your own facts.

Pretty sure a regional voted in a contract and ALPA Pres would not sign off on it.......I am sure by morning someone will fill in the details and you will be wrong again.....

Which would make NEDoosh wrong, not me. I said ALPA president's signature is just a formality. Doosh thinks ALPA FORCES MECs to take contracts.

What a maroon.

It's "Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son."

Get it right, sheese....

Hey Lake Alice, you a Gator? If so, clever handle!

Drank at the porpoise and lived in the ghetto. You?

Ah the Porpoise, used to live right behind it in the ghetto myself. If only I had a time machine...

The original CJs was my spot...and Joes Delhi!

Which would make NEDoosh wrong, not me. I said ALPA president's signature is just a formality. Doosh thinks ALPA FORCES MECs to take contracts.

What a maroon.

Nope, never said the president forces MECs to take contracts. Need to go back to school to learn reading comprehension.

What I have said is that ALPA finds it acceptable to give up scope protections and pay regional pilots poverty level wages to replace mainline jobs.

The fact that your union endorses those types of contracts, and the ultimate effects on the profession, means it has no credibility when preaching about raising the bar.

If you have not been able to figure that out, you have no hope of making things better.

Of course you are someone who has the vocabulary of a third grader, so I can't except the comprehension level to be much better.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back