• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Need some object advice

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you are considering FLOPS, please do a search on here and read about the current conditions. I'd also recommend PM'ing some current FLOPS guys on this board to get their input.

One item you've not mentioned is what your long-term goals are.

Some "object" advice?

Okay, anvils are heavy and shouldn't be dropped on you foot. Knives are sharp and should be kept away from your body...

Sorry, couldn't resist.

It's okay.... I tried to edit it but I think you realize it was a typo! anyhow your wittiness was duly appreciated!

I work for FX, and think it a very good, stable company. Sorry to see it is not one of your choices. Do we have issues? Of course, but we will work through them in time.
One bit of advice, since you asked:
Never, ever, count on promised "overtime". Don't even consider it in your thoughts. If it happens,, just ducky, take the gal out to a nicer dinner.
If you cannot live on the standard pay and benefits, than the job is not right for you.
And, since I'm on a roll,,,, a SIC rating is pretty much just plain worthless. Just a rubber carrot being waived in your face. Kind of makes you feel good, but not worth a darn anywhere else. Tell them to type you!
Good luck on your choices.

Hung

I don't know where the 24/7 with a few hard days off is, but I did it for all of 2 months before I had had enough. Being on call like that sucks...least for me. Be sure to consider QOL is leaning toward that on call job...good luck.

There IS the ability to work OT at Flops, pretty much as much as you want...but you will be severely ostracized by your fellow crewmembers who will want nothing to do with you for it. It will not be something you can hide from them. Acceptance of OT only undermines the union's efforts to make Flops a career choice instead of the Mesa airlines of the fractionals.
\.

This is playing with fire. There were 49 pilots sued by Delta over a similar situation. A settlment was reached, out of court, as part of a contract negoatiation, which cost all of the Delta guys something. These guys were headed to court and it would have been ugly. Be carefule on intimidating someone into not working OT.

I have some buds who do the 24/7 on call, corp gigs, no life whatsoever. I would definitely opt for the hard days off, sched. The QOL will make up for the pay. Kalitta?? I got some Connie stories

I am a 7 year veteran of FLOPS. My advice is too stay away until we have a contract. FLOPS lacks leadership and integrity. They manage (lack of a better term) by fear, intimidation, and stupidity. Our CEO is the biggest pilot hater I've ever worked for. Working overtime at FLOPS is the 8th deadly sin. This is the reason we are understaffed and prolonging our fair contract.
Soon we will have a contract and with that hopefully our beloved CEO wll be out on his a**.
Oh yeah, they fired 2 new hires within the first week because management did not like their questions. And one quit. That says it all!!!

Wow, both of those cards sound like they will suck. I say if you have a job stick with it till something better comes along. The atmoshphere at FLOPS is nothing short of miserable. It might improve after a contract but that could take years with the curent mgt.
Obviously NJA then the others like Flex or CS. If you want biz jets I would try Seagrave Aviation or Travel Mgt.-don't have to move and not so much turbulance.

Friends don't let friends do FLOPS.

Hi,

Just curious what some of you have to say....

I have to chose between two jobs in the next week to 2 weeks.

One is a 135 job that I would have to relocate for, not too far but nonetheless. The starting pay is a bit higher but will not be typed in the aircraft initially ( they mentioned in-house training), ( the a/c in question isn't used by many opeartors other than charter and cargo). Looks to be a year or so for that when the upgrade comes. The schedule is on-call 24/7 with a small amount of "hard days" off as well.

The other is with a frax operator, decent sked but lower pay. I also will be relocating anyhow. I do get an initial type as well which would be an added bonus.
There is the ability to work OT which may make up for some of the lower pay.
I have a good friend at the frax and he has given me a good insight to how things are and I am trying to make an informed decision. There are pros/cons for every job and I guess I am just looking for some objective advice to make the decison a little easier. I know which way I am leaning but would like a little more input.

Thanks in advance for your time and opinion.

CV

Don't you dare come here, knowing the situation and work OT to make up for the pay. Your nuts for even thinking about this

Latest resources

Back