• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Need some help with a project I'm working on

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PA44Jockey: You're not making your point very clear. It has been stated in this thread that an airline's list of overnights is "security sensitive information" and that, as you put it, is "not given out on a public forum". I just posted a method to easily acquire the entire list of overnights at ASA on a public forum using Google.

Just because you were able to post and direct someone how to do a Google search to find this guys forum, doesn't mean that the guy is not skating a fine line with publishing this information.

Even Travelnet. Look through the terms and conditions of that. You enter a password to access Travelnet for a reason. If they wanted that information readily available on the internet, they would have posted it there.

It's not.

http://rf-web.tamu.edu/security/security guide/S2unclas/Ssi.htm

SSI is a TSA defined designation that doesn't have a hill-of-beans to do with which hotels flight crewmembers use.

You don't get it do you man. As I stated in the beginning, this is probably not written in a book. However, out of respect for your co-workers (unless you have none) I wouldn't be putting the info out there. I see that you want to help them and give them good info, but that can be done very easily in-house at each company.

Here. I have an idea. I will help you out. You know how you have to login to crewoutfitters and luggageworks.com with your airline and employee number in order to get the crew rates. You should create your site to where a person has to enter their airline and employee number to access it. This might take more work and approval from the airline (I don't know), but at least that way this information doesn't get into the wrong hands.

However, out of respect for your co-workers (unless you have none) I wouldn't be putting the info out there. I see that you want to help them and give them good info

You have no idea, beyond a very vague misunderstanding, of what I'm trying to do or who I'll show the data to.

You also have no idea what 'SSI' actually is and have misapplied it to the list of hotels that an airline uses for it's crew overnights.

Given that...you aren't exactly qualified to decide whether I 'get it' or not.

At any rate, like I said...thanks, but no thanks.

I'll work on this from another angle.

You have no idea, beyond a very vague misunderstanding, of what I'm trying to do or who I'll show the data to.

You also have no idea what 'SSI' actually is and have misapplied it to the list of hotels that an airline uses for it's crew overnights.

Given that...you aren't exactly qualified to decide whether I 'get it' or not.

At any rate, like I said...thanks, but no thanks.

I'll work on this from another angle.

I am very well aware of who you are going to give the info to. IT IS ON THE INTERNET under a very basic Google search.

I know exactly what SSI is. I actually hold a current SECRET Clearance. Do you? And I wasn't saying that it was in violation of SSI per the TSA or any governing agency. Just mentioning that it is security sensitive. Meaning to your fellow employees.

And you don't have to be qualified to be a decent human being and show a little respect to the people you work with.

Moderator hat on:

Although she likely doesn't have malicious intent, please be very, very careful who you give hotel information to. Some other people might not be asking for reasons that are on the up-and-up.

If she's legitimately looking for something, going through her own carrier's hotel committee to put together this site is likely a much easier (and more highly accurate) way of accomplishing it, although it might take longer to gather the needed data.

Long story short, use your head, and don't give out info you might not want floating out there to people you don't PERSONALLY know. There's proper channels for this sort of thing in the 121 world.

/mod

I am very well aware of who you are going to give the info to. IT IS ON THE INTERNET under a very basic Google search.

No you don't...and no, it's not.

Latest resources

Back