• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Need some corporate advise.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
During my time in a 91 department, I flew with some extraordinarily good pilots and great people. I also flew with a couple who couldn't find their ass with both hands in an airplane but they sure could suck up and back stab. There were also a couple that couldn't pass a MMPI (psych/personality) test if they hired a PhD to take it for them.

TC

Oh boy, the bad got 4 lines of text and the good only one. Luckily, I am uncategorizeable. :eek:

Hey TC

I'd say you can come work for our little 3 pilot department anyday....but FIDO said you cant fly worth a $hit - like most 121 guys.

:)

And oh dear god, no sucking please. We just couldn't deal with that...:eek:

And really guys, if ya get the interview itself, they are OK with the airline background, they have read your resume...No need to pad interviews with semi-qualified people these days, getting warm bodies in is not a problem.....then again, its easier to blame the other guy with fewer hours and your airline curse background than it is to admit you were just out interviewed.

121/corp/mil...whatever....fragile egos all around!!

The poster needs to get over himself, practice his skills, and line up more interviews...;) - lots of competition out there today.

Amen. That's what I was getting at. Maybe the other guy was current in the aircraft, had more PIC and was going to be happier flying a turboprop for the wages they were going to pay (seriously, you were gonna stick around if AA recalled you?). Naw, probably the 121 curse thing, best to deny the industry of your skills while you plot your revenge. Muuuuuuhhhaaaaaaaaa :nuts:

Last edited:
Gulfstream 200 said:
121/corp/mil...whatever....fragile egos all around!!

Truer words have NEVER been spoken.

TC, if it weren't for trying to help a soon-to-be-unemployed NJA pilot friend of mine I'd use you as a contract "passenger" while we fly it "single pilot"...but now that I think about it, I'm not sure we could afford you :laugh:

Truer words have NEVER been spoken.

TC, if it weren't for trying to help a soon-to-be-unemployed NJA pilot friend of mine I'd use you as a contract "passenger" while we fly it "single pilot"...but now that I think about it, I'm not sure we could afford you :laugh:

Boiler--I've made it clear to everyone who will listen that I am a shameless aviation whore. Buy me a burger and I'll jerk gear for you any day. (Just don't leave your Woodford unattended...;) )

TC

Hey TC

I'd say you can come work for our little 3 pilot department anyday....but FIDO said you cant fly worth a $hit - like most 121 guys.

:)

Hey, I warned FIDO that he'd have to carry me any time we flew together. Fortunately, he's too nice to kick my a$$ and make me pull my share of the load. :D

TC

Well, TC. at least I have some admiration for you for sticking up for a fellow TWA brother, but perhaps I can shed some light on how I interpret 100ci's posts. He came here looking for "advise" which a bunch of corporate pilots willingly gave him without any mention of the "fabled 121 stink." They were all trying to help him out. They spelled it out pretty clearly that "fit" and being connected were going to be important in getting this job.

Unfortunately he did not get the job. Almost immediately he states that he is going to take his football and go home. That is he is going to give up flying and become a gazillionair and only hire major airline guys to fly him in his private jet, because obviously that is why he was discriminated against for this position. What was the point in that? Come here asking for "advise" from corporate pilots and then insult them.

I know that two of the qualities that will prove to be a big success at any corporate flight department is quitting when you don't get your way, and biting the hand that feeds you.

TC, you of all people should know that getting along with your co-workers in a corporate gig is perhaps THE most important aspect of QOL. Backstabbers, and suckups would not last long where I work. We are a small group that rely on each other for our lives and livelihoods. We can't just bid a different schedule or different equipment when the going gets tough.

If 100ci wants to think that the reason he did not get the job is because of his airline background, perhaps he is correct. A quick review of his previous posts will show that in July he was 5 numbers from being recalled at AA. Perhaps the person interviewing him asked him why he had not been flying for the last 5 years, and he admitted that he was furloughed TWA awaiting recall. Why would anyone hire and train a guy who is 5 numbers from being recalled, and obviously had been waiting around on the sidelines for that to happen? Maybe the real reason was recency of experience, or lack of PIC time.

A quick review of 100ci's posts will also tell you what he thinks of: Regional Airline Pilots, Scabs, Southwest Airlines, American Airline Natives, Trans States flow throughs, APA and others. Hopefully very soon he will be recalled to AA (like I said, I don't like seeing any pilot out of work).

I don't post my resume here, because I have nothing to prove. I'll let the content of my posts speak to my qualifications.

BTW, you are correct about some corporate guys not being able to find their A$$ with both hands. I was hoping that they would get weeded out by examiners at Flightsafety (JK).

jet--Well put and point taken. No one is right 100% of the time. (Sorry, G200... ;) )

TC

Oh boy, the bad got 4 lines of text and the good only one. Luckily, I am uncategorizeable. :eek:

That's because the good guys are the rule. The bad are the exception.

TC

Latest resources

Back