Need some corporate advise.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

100 c.i.

Ive been out of flying for about 5 years, except sim. instructing at FSI. I am trying to groom myself for a couple of local flight dept. that may hire in the future. I have flown cargo, commuters, over 5000 hours at a major and instructed at Flight Safety. To make a long story short a have 2 possiable offers either flying part 91 in a turboprop or flying heavy longhaul frieght and charters. What would make a better candidate for a large corp. flight dept.?

The best way to get a corporate flying job, especially if you have little/no previous corporate experience is to have a corporate flying job. It'll probably make your resume look better to any potential employers, but the best thing you can do to get hired at your targeted department is to network with EVERYBODY who works there (you probably know that already, though).

If you have two offers, TODAY, for flying jobs you should consider yourself very blessed.

I would say pursue the p91 job. Once you've got that, with your turbine experience and the inevitable upturn in corporate aviation, you will be well positioned. IMO, QOL in corporate is much better than 121. There are jobs out there, and you will find them through networking once you get back on line. Good luck to you.

To make a long story short a have 2 possiable offers either flying part 91 in a turboprop or flying heavy longhaul frieght and charters. What would make a better candidate for a large corp. flight dept.?

Either one would be fine as long as you are the right person for the job. That will vary hugely from one Dept to the next. P91 hiring is all about being in the right place at the right time. All my good P91 jobs came to pass as happenstance, rather than targeting an employer. I would take the job that turns you on more, as you may be in it for a while.

Ive been out of flying for about 5 years, except sim. instructing at FSI. I am trying to groom myself for a couple of local flight dept. that may hire in the future. I have flown cargo, commuters, over 5000 hours at a major and instructed at Flight Safety. To make a long story short a have 2 possiable offers either flying part 91 in a turboprop or flying heavy longhaul frieght and charters. What would make a better candidate for a large corp. flight dept.?

Might be a crazy question with your 8000hrs....but as an interviewer I would look at what you had for Captain/PIC time? Sometimes guys can spend 8000hrs in the airlines and never get the opportunity to be the PIC.

While many other factors come into play (mostly personality and attitude etc...) I would much rather see PT91 PIC in a King Air running the whole show as opposed to more 121 time.

Good luck with your choice!

I say take the 91 job. If nothing else, it will get you in the corporate arena and open doors that you may have not been aware of before.

You know you can fly a jet. They have no proof that you can get a catering order right and are willing to vacuum the airplane after a trip.

Good luck!

TC
Member "L1011 Club"

Latest resources

Back