• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Need some advice!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The "1" in the PA-28R-201 is the designation that it has Tapered Wings, as compared to the PA-28R-200, which has the "Hersey Bar" wings. Same 200hp IO-360, just Different Wings

JCJ & FlyMach2:

Thanks for the tips. I do have the high performance endorsement and I got the complex endorsement when I got my multi-engine rating. I love the Arrow. We don't have a 182RG anywhere around but I did ride in one of those when I was a student pilot. They definitely are nice and they go fast.

I think I will stick with the Arrow for primary instrument training (it's got a nice panel too and it's the mechanic's personal plane) and then move into the Baron. Of course I'll have to do some pre-checkride hours in the Arrow just before the SEL checkride to keep the FAA happy. Same goes for when I get the commercial and instructor ratings. No big deal because I look at it this way...

...IT'S FLYING!!!... and I am building the hours towards flying planes for a living.

If you can't be good, then be good at it!

El Cid Av8or

Thanks

Thanks to everyone for their advice. I have decided to go with the taildragger for my PPC! The Arrow is nice, but those of you who are familiar with the old Navy T-34s and T-28s know they were complex, high performance aircraft (both RG, fully aerobatic, with 225 and 1425 HP, respectively), so transitioning from the Citabria should be less of a problem for me. Besides, the Citabria just seems to promise more smiles! I'll check in with updates.

Thanks again for the comments.

Prof

Latest resources

Back