• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Need second opinions for a friend

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From the peanut gallery...the guy is splitting hairs. If he was going to stay put in that type of fying that's one thing, but passing yourself off as having been a PIC when you are in fact NOT in command of anything, is just lying. You can delve all you want in the lawyer-type interpreting of the FAR's but a lie is a lie.

Yet everybody in aviation except, apparently, you, is well aware of the difference between logging PIC and being PIC. So the fact that you log it as PIC does not imply, suggest, or otherwise claim that you were in command of the flight. It's not a lie - everybody, including you, has PIC time in their logbook when they were not the PIC - and if you don't believe me, look back at your complex checkout.

This post will be followed (you watch) wth a CFI or a part 135 guy that SWEARS he/she can legally log it. They will say they talked to someone at a FSDO who says it's O.K. Doesn't matter if you want to fly big ariplanes, you have to get past someone who worked hard and hates people who takes shortcuts and whines about how hard this all is.

Good luck

You don't have a clue - but luckily you are so transparently stupid that no airline is likely to ever trust you to clean the lav on one of their planes let alone interview pilot candidates.

The airlines are well aware of the different between Part 1 PIC and Part 61 PIC, and they tell you to split the time out on your application. The FAA has interpreted this thing to death, the rules on logging PIC are well understood by everybody in aviation - except, apparently, a number of morons on FI.

....and there he is

Yeah, I clean the lav, so what? If I do a good job maybe I'll be promoted to the right seat of a CRJ like you so I can get some of that sweet PIC time!

I forgive you for calling me stupid, You're just pissed that your PIC time is worthless. Try posting your logging interpretations on the majors board to get some more perspective

Good luck with the grids

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back