Need info on an FAA examiner in Vegas.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jali2003

Hey there. I have my initial CFI on 9/12 and I was wondering if anyone has done an initial CFI with Marty Kay from the Las Vegas FSDO before. If so any information would be extremely helpful.
Thanks

Perhaps a minor point...

A FAA INSPECTOR is an employee at a FSDO. Cannot charge for exams.

A Designated EXAMINER is not a FAA employee but is "Designated" (by a letter) to give certain exams by a FSDO. Also known as a DPE or DE - Designated Pilot Examiner or just Designated Examiner. Can (and most do) charge for exams.

JAFI

I don't think he was asking the difference between what a DPE and FAA inspector was, appeared that he was merely asking "if anyone has done an initial CFI with Marty Kay from the Las Vegas FSDO before. If so any information would be extremely helpful."

At this point in his training I would only assume he would know what the difference is.

Did mine with the FAA 5 years ago.
Bring the maintenance books and be ready to prove that it's airworthy.
Know the PTS backwards be honest and don't do anything stupid.
Pretend they are a student but be ready when they switch hats and start probing your brain in the plane.........that rhymes...;)

350DRIVER said:
I don't think he was asking the difference between what a DPE and FAA inspector was, appeared that he was merely asking "if anyone has done an initial CFI with Marty Kay from the Las Vegas FSDO before. If so any information would be extremely helpful."

At this point in his training I would only assume he would know what the difference is.

I understand his question. As Instructors we spend a lot of time getting the student to use the correct term. If he wishes to be an instructor maybe he needs to learn the correct term, in this case the correct person, for his question. I did say it was a minor point. However, sometimes it is the minor points that are also important. I never assume any thing about anyones training. Too many varables...

JAFI

Probably too late to help out, but Marty is known as a straight shooter.

Hope it went well.

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

Latest resources

Back