• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Need info on an FAA examiner in Vegas.

jali2003

Total Time
Hey there. I have my initial CFI on 9/12 and I was wondering if anyone has done an initial CFI with Marty Kay from the Las Vegas FSDO before. If so any information would be extremely helpful.
Thanks

JAFI

Total Time
8000+
Perhaps a minor point...

A FAA INSPECTOR is an employee at a FSDO. Cannot charge for exams.

A Designated EXAMINER is not a FAA employee but is "Designated" (by a letter) to give certain exams by a FSDO. Also known as a DPE or DE - Designated Pilot Examiner or just Designated Examiner. Can (and most do) charge for exams.

JAFI

350DRIVER

I don't think he was asking the difference between what a DPE and FAA inspector was, appeared that he was merely asking "if anyone has done an initial CFI with Marty Kay from the Las Vegas FSDO before. If so any information would be extremely helpful."

At this point in his training I would only assume he would know what the difference is.

CDVdriver

gearhead.....
Total Time
>5000
Did mine with the FAA 5 years ago.
Bring the maintenance books and be ready to prove that it's airworthy.
Know the PTS backwards be honest and don't do anything stupid.
Pretend they are a student but be ready when they switch hats and start probing your brain in the plane.........that rhymes...;)

JAFI

Total Time
8000+
350DRIVER said:
I don't think he was asking the difference between what a DPE and FAA inspector was, appeared that he was merely asking "if anyone has done an initial CFI with Marty Kay from the Las Vegas FSDO before. If so any information would be extremely helpful."

At this point in his training I would only assume he would know what the difference is.

I understand his question. As Instructors we spend a lot of time getting the student to use the correct term. If he wishes to be an instructor maybe he needs to learn the correct term, in this case the correct person, for his question. I did say it was a minor point. However, sometimes it is the minor points that are also important. I never assume any thing about anyones training. Too many varables...

JAFI

JediNein

No One Special at all
Total Time
53 wks
Probably too late to help out, but Marty is known as a straight shooter.

Hope it went well.

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein