Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Swass said:
Impressive vocabulary.

Your link takes us to a thread that lauds the customer support provided by David Clark, but it does nothing to contradict the claim by Ralgha that "Lightspeed and Bose [customer support] both meet or exceed DC product support." Are we supposed to be moved by your superior vocabulary, or do you have some evidence to support your assertion?

Or, better still, what IS your assertion? Do you dispute Ralgha's claim, or did you just have a sudden urge to mention a feminine hygiene product?

I suggest THIS link: http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=64376

Looky here TonyC. What that link shows is that DC has great customer service. Ralgha said "my ass" to that ASSertion. Ralgha doesn't provide any evidence to support his ASSertion either. Excuse me for not having the time to go into lengthy posts like you obviously do. By the way, what is your assertion? Are you a DC guy or are you partial to Bose? Looking forward to a novel.

I am well aware that the webmaster died in an accident last week, I feel terrible about it as I have children that are the same age as his. What I fail to see is why you linked that to this conversation?

Swass said:
Looky here TonyC. What that link shows is that DC has great customer service. Ralgha said "my ass" to that ASSertion.
See, there's where you got it wrong. Ralgha did NOT dispute that David Clark has great customer service. All he did is claim others are as good or better.

To review, Ralgha responded to THIS claim:
Waldom said:
with unparalleled product support.
Now perhaps you missed the word "unparalleled," or you don't understand what it means. Since we're not talking about geometry here, what Waldom has claimed is that nobody's product support is as good as, much less better than, David Clark's product support. Ralgha then, in an albeit crude way, disputed that claim, offering Bose and Lightspeed as examples of products whose product support DOES meet or exceed (parrallels or surpasses) that of David Clark.

To that you repsonded, "douche."

Novel complete.

The link was a reminder of things that really matter more than this, and a suggestion to be a little more civil with each other. It's appropriate for Ralgha and myself as well.

Thanks TonyC, I recalled responding to this thread, but couldn't find it again, not that I looked too hard.

I was a bit crude wasn't I? :) On the other hand, I'm disgusted by the many pilots who blindly think that DC is the best simply because of the customer service (which isn't better than others anymore) or because of the name. If a DC headset satisfies you, more power to you, but there are alternatives out there that are just as good in durability, and many that are far better in noise reduction, and nearly all that have equal or better customer service.

headset

I really hate noise--anywhere. I am a student pilot and would like to
find the best headset for hearing my instructor and blocking out noise.

Thank you,

The best headset for blocking out noise and hearing your instructor will NOT be a David Clark.

The Lightspeed passive QFR series is amazingly quiet for a passive headset, and they are priced well too. The Lightspeed ANR headsets are also very quiet.

The Bose is very comfortable, very quiet, and has great sound quality, but it is $1000.

I'd recommend one of the Lightspeed QFR headsets as a starter, unless you know you want to spend more money now. Ideally, you'll be able to try one first to make sure it works for you.

Latest resources

Back