• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Need examples of "Pilot Fatigue" type schedules

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The crew rest will not prevent crews from operating outside of a schedule that allows them to properly rest. The rules have nothing to do with being rested. I flew scheduled 121 cargo, I knew my schedule a month in advance. Nightly run BLD-PIT-DAY-MEM-IAH in an L-188. I still flew exhausted. Start 0200 at DAY ended IAH 0900, out of IAH at 1900, into BLD 0600, out of BLD 2300. Then into IAH 0900 again, 6.5 hours of flight time, standup over day, not legal rest, but a duty break, out of IAH 1900. Drop add all night into BLD 0600, out of BLD 2300 repeat again into DAY 0200, release to go home and assume a sleep at night schedule for four days before going back to being up all night. I was always tried with a messed up sleep pattern, but I was 100% legal as approved by the FAR’s and my ALPA contract.

BLD? Did you mean Hartford (BDL)? Where is BLD?

Good ole Hartford and the Ramada Inn

BLD? Did you mean Hartford (BDL)? Where is BLD?
yea it was Hartford Bardley, typo or it might be in my logbook misspelled?

Oh, cry me a river. I can't believe there is actually a web site for the poorly treated crews at AWAC. Every regional has unproductive schedules and alot of them don't have trip/duty rigs. If you think you have it bad at AWAC, try working at another regional airline.
Just what the world needs, another f.l.a.p. who doesn't know what the heck he's talking about. OK professor, tell me a regional that does not do this. Now go burn your 8 gph in VFR conditions some more.

Just what the world needs, another f.l.a.p. who doesn't know what the heck he's talking about. OK professor, tell me a regional that does not do this. Now go burn your 8 gph in VFR conditions some more.
what does f.l.a.p. mean?

Here's an example for a nine hour rest. Get in at 2100 and duty off at 2115. The morning has a 0610 show. So, let's see, call for the hotel van, and finally shows around 2125, it's a 20 minute drive to the hotel. 2145, check in and proceed to the room. Now to unwind, iron a shirt call the wife or girlfriend and now it's 2230.
With your 0610 show, it's a 20 minute ride, and the van times are on the half hours with NO flexibility. So, you are forced to take a 0530 van so, you ask for a 0450 wake up. If you finally crawl into bed at 2245 that's 6:05 of sleep and let's say it's the last day of a four day, so it's a 12 hour duty day with, let's say, 7:00 of block. the most would be :35 in between flights, no time to eat, and aircraft swaps all day. Delaying flights are not an answer, since you want to catch your commute home and now you have a plane load of pax pissed off that they're going to be late. Nine hours of rest maybe legal but is it safe?

Read this, part to blame, pilto fatigue
http://www.ntsb.gov/publictn/2001/AAR0102.htm

Oh, cry me a river. I can't believe there is actually a web site for the poorly treated crews at AWAC. Every regional has unproductive schedules and alot of them don't have trip/duty rigs. If you think you have it bad at AWAC, try working at another regional airline.

I would NOT work at another regional airline. I hated it enough at AWAC that I left after more than four years. If it sucks worse at your airline and you tell me to quit whining, then you are part of the problem. Why you put up with sh_t like that is beyond me. Now that AWAC opened up LGA and RDU it is even worse. I took a BIG paycut to go back to charter and couldn't be happier!

This is one of our harder trips....84hrs in spokane! who the heck can sleep in that crappy doubltree???:D

SA 2452 A30 MEM 0818(0318) GEG 1224(0524)

GEG 84:16

WE 1252 A30 GEG 0210(1910) MEM 0558(0058)

CREDIT HRS: 25:23T BLK HRS: 7:54
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest resources

Back