need cord from cd player to mike jack

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

msr

Saw someone with a special cord from a cd player to a mike jack. Someone was selling them @ one time. Know of anywhere to get one or buy one. Thanks!!!

msr said:
Saw someone with a special cord from a cd player to a mike jack. Someone was selling them @ one time. Know of anywhere to get one or buy one. Thanks!!!

:rolleyes:

Great idea, this was about the only thing the Pinnacle crew could have been doing to be slightly more unprofessional...

"Dude, turn down your CD player... We're at 410 !!!"

Why in the world would you want your music pumped directly in to the CVR ??? It's one thing to be doing this in your own 172, but subjecting yourself to scrutiny while flying around paying passengers is an entirely different manner...

If you really feel the need, why not just plug a small earpiece in to your ear instead ???...??? At least then the CVR won't pick it up and you have one ear open to actually do your job...

Last edited:
He never said it was for the airplane.....doesn't everyone have PA for their Hoop-dee with the spinny Dubbs? Im keepin' it Real!!

Like you have never listend to news or radio on an ADF? That goes right into the CVR as well.

What about a Lightspeed headset? They have a jack that allows Mp3/CD players to be plugged into them, it self attenuates when squelch is broken and all that..

Would that go into the CVR?

Tram said:
What about a Lightspeed headset? They have a jack that allows Mp3/CD players to be plugged into them, it self attenuates when squelch is broken and all that..

Would that go into the CVR?

Yeah, the lightspeeds work great! And you can turn off that auto-silence because it is beyond annoying. Not to mention the bass/treble boost!

And no it is piped in to your headsets and that is where it stops.

Yup, all you gotta do is hold down the EQ button.. :)

The other question would be - since the Lighspeed's are not TSO'd could you use them in 121 service?

Last edited:
There was a guy at ACA/FlyI who used to make and sell those things.

I dont know the guy but i have seen his work several times. First rate.
I do not know if he is still there or on furlough.
I suggest going to ACALounge or FlyIlounge and posting for info.
Good luck.
Take Care.

Joe.

Latest resources

Back